Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Taylor
Votes |
New real estate investor

Kenneth Taylor
Posted Mar 17 2024, 15:36

Hello everyone my names Kenneth and Ive been studying real estate for the past 5+ years. I'm finally ready to start my journey. I am a construction worker and my work hours are Monday through Friday 7am till 5:30 pm CST. I live in Iowa and I want to do real estate deals in Des Moines,IA. Las Vegas,NV and Dallas/Austin,TX. The type of real estate that I'm interested in is wholesaling (short term) and rentals (long term). And I prefer creative finance and BRRRR. I am looking for people who like me are serious and ready to take real estate serious and make millions.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Irwin
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied Mar 18 2024, 05:31
Quote from @Kenneth Taylor:

Hello everyone my names Kenneth and Ive been studying real estate for the past 5+ years. I'm finally ready to start my journey. I am a construction worker and my work hours are Monday through Friday 7am till 5:30 pm CST. I live in Iowa and I want to do real estate deals in Des Moines,IA. Las Vegas,NV and Dallas/Austin,TX. The type of real estate that I'm interested in is wholesaling (short term) and rentals (long term). And I prefer creative finance and BRRRR. I am looking for people who like me are serious and ready to take real estate serious and make millions.

Welcome @Kenneth Taylor! I'm from Des Moines as well and would invite you to connect with the local REI group here. @Darson Grantham heads up a couple different meetups that you would get a lot out of.  Sounds like you have some excellent background and experience, look forward to connecting and seeing your success grow!

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Taylor
Votes |
Replied Mar 18 2024, 06:33
Quote from @Ryan Irwin:

Welcome @Kenneth Taylor! I'm from Des Moines as well and would invite you to connect with the local REI group here. @Darson Grantham heads up a couple different meetups that you would get a lot out of.  Sounds like you have some excellent background and experience, look forward to connecting and seeing your success grow!

Hello thank you for responding I’m not currently in Des Moines I’m in storm lake and I can’t make it to any groups until after my job ends. However this doesn’t stop me from doing business with you or anyone else my email is [email protected] if you have any questions/want to connect
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Darson Grantham
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Des Moines
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Des Moines
Replied Mar 18 2024, 06:36

@Kenneth Taylor yes your contractor background can be an amazing link to optimizing real estate investing as you likely already know! 

I appreciate the tag Ryan! We hold a monthly meetup and also a weekly meetup locally here in Des Moines.

2nd Tuesday is the monthly event at a local restaurant.

Weekly on Friday mornings is the other at a local coffee shop.

Both are great events that if you pour in, you'll be poured into!

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Reits
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Mar 18 2024, 11:56

Certainly! Here's a draft response to Kenneth's message:

Hey Kenneth! 👋

First off, welcome to the exciting world of real estate! It sounds like you've got a solid foundation from your years of study and a clear vision of where you want to go. Your background in construction and your work ethic will definitely be assets in this industry. 🏗️💼

Wholesaling and focusing on rentals in the markets you've mentioned (Des Moines, Las Vegas, Dallas/Austin) are great strategies, especially with your interest in creative financing and the BRRRR method. These approaches can really leverage your long-term and short-term investment goals. 🏠💡

Like you, I'm all in on taking real estate seriously and am committed to not just dreaming big but making those dreams a reality. It sounds like we share a lot of the same goals and interests. Maybe there's an opportunity for us to collaborate or at least share insights and resources as we navigate our real estate journeys.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Reits
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Mar 18 2024, 11:58

One thing I’ve picked up is to really get to know one market well before jumping into others. It’s super tempting to try everything at once, but things work differently in each place. You don’t want to risk your hard-earned money without being sure.

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Taylor
Votes |
Replied Mar 18 2024, 12:52
Quote from @Caleb Reits:

One thing I’ve picked up is to really get to know one market well before jumping into others. It’s super tempting to try everything at once, but things work differently in each place. You don’t want to risk your hard-earned money without being sure.

I would love to connect my email is [email protected]