Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Steve Smith
Votes |
Transfering assets to kids

Steve Smith
Posted Jan 24 2024, 06:47

Anyone active in transferring assets to their kids? Looking for creative idea to give them a few more dollars before I croak. I already give them the non taxable limit, but am giving them options on property, leases and notes where they can get more in the future, and working with others so they get more into their Roths with options.

Other ideas?

User Stats

Votes
Henry Clark
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Developer
Replied Mar 1 2024, 05:13

Politely.  You’re telling me the angles and why they don’t work versus me making suggestions.  Again don’t know their ages, jobs, or nearby town.  More info is better.  

The Roth question you can ask a financial service.  

Tell me the other info and I can tell you how to deduct their home, property tax, house insurance and even expense their garden shovel and garden gloves.  

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 1 2024, 07:41
Quote from @Steve Smith:

Anyone active in transferring assets to their kids? Looking for creative idea to give them a few more dollars before I croak. I already give them the non taxable limit, but am giving them options on property, leases and notes where they can get more in the future, and working with others so they get more into their Roths with options.

Other ideas?

Checkout paying your kids in your business! 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.