Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Elliott
  • Realtor
  • Erie Co
Votes |
Why WOULDN'T you hire a Property Manager?

Brandon Elliott
  • Realtor
  • Erie Co
Posted Aug 29 2022, 10:00

I am curious to see what everyone's opinions are here. Why WOULDN'T you hire a Property Manager?

User Stats

Votes
Adam Martin
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Aug 29 2022, 10:11

The biggest for me is I am very type a and have trouble releasing control however there will be a point I have to get over that but nobody cares more about their money but me.  I also genuinely like landlording and it really doesn’t take much of my time.  Once the property is rented I hardly ever talk to the tenants so it seems like a waste to pay them 10% to just collect money and send it to me.  I’m also not really sure what that 10% is for since it seems there is a cost associated with most things they do.  There are leasing fees, releasing fees, maintenance call fees and up charge as well so maintenance so it seems you get fees to death.  My final reason against it is how surprised potential applicants are that I call back it seems that the ratio of rentals to property managers is very high and they can’t be as responsive as I can.  I generally have my properties rented faster than they can.