• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Realty co. offers to perform various rental tasks until lease is signed

Jane S.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Apr 11 2023, 16:52

Wondering if any of you have worked with a realtor or other professinal who will photograph, market, show, research, do backgrounding, financials, all the way up to signing the lease which is my favorite part of renting because it's when I get paid in cash. :)) They sent me a contract that looks like an agency agreement and is 9 pages long. Their fee is $1500. Honestly I would love to have someone else handle the nutsy wannabe tenants. This co. claims to be able to find many people wanting to see the property and they show it without knowing much about the prospect. Just so fed up with the awful quality of renter population around here. WWYD? Is this scammy?

User Stats

Votes
Kim Meredith Hampton
  • Real Estate Broker
  • St Petersburg & Orlando
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Apr 11 2023, 17:47

Jane

Just depends on the company, but there are some PM’s that do provide a-la-carte services such as lease only or placement services. Most do the whole management process beyond the leasing, application and move in and then managing day to day while also collecting rent etc….

Just do your homework and make sure they are legit! It’s a great service and well worth the money!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Apr 12 2023, 05:57
Quote from @Jane S.:

These are pretty common. I lived in C-Springs 1997 - 2000 and remember companies that helped renters find housing. The market was very competitive at that time and I used them quite a bit to find my first apartment.

From a Landlord perspective, it's not the greatest. They find a tenant and place them, but they aren't involved in what happens after that so they don't really have skin in the game regarding quality of the renter.

I would prefer using a qualified property manager to find the Tenant and then manage the tenant. They typically won't place a terrible tenant in a rental for a year when they know they have to deal with his problematic behavior.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tanner Pile
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Apr 13 2023, 09:07

What is the cost for a property manager to find a tenant and manage for you compared to using a realtor?

User Stats

Votes
Kim Meredith Hampton
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Apr 13 2023, 09:30

In Florida, you need to be a licensed real estate agent and/or Broker to manage real estate for others for compensation, so they are one and the same.