• Property Manager
  • Phoenix, MD
Votes |
tenant says he is going to call the police on me at 6 PM friday night

Rochelle Wilkinson
  • Property Manager
  • Phoenix, MD
Posted Jun 18 2015, 18:58

If you saw my post last month I recently inherited a 60 unit apartment complex that I am now self managing..ok.. so here in baltimore it is june and temps are running about 85 degrees during the day  and goes down to 69 at night.. it has by no means been a hot summer this year so far..our air conditioning units are about 20 years old and I have had 4 services calls this month about units not working properly.. 2 were in need of freon, 1 need a whole new unit and 1 needs a part they are having trouble getting..all calls have been handled except the guy who needs the part they dont have.. they have said it should be fixed tomorrow.. here is the problem.. I came home to an email that said " if my air conditioner is not fixed by 6 PM I am calling the police on you for endangering our lives" I emailed back and asked if he had recieved the fan i had our handyman dropped off, he said yes.. then I asked if he had opened the windows for air flow.. he said he wouldnt open the windows due to safety issues.. I pointed out that he lived on the second floor and does not have a balcony.. and no one has ever climbed our building and broke in, and lots of people in our buildings have their windows open..his reply was he would not endanger the lives of his family as per someone elses suggestion.. then he sent me a receipt for a hotel an said I would need to reimburse him as they felt they were in jeopardy of heat exhaustion and fled to a nearby hotel.. I looked up the past weeks temps and it has been 85 during the day and 68-69 at night.. and i pointed out that at 69 degrees there would be no need to even run the air..  my question is  " what can the outcome of him calling the police on me have"?  I cant help that they don have the part?? they are very fast compared to other places i called.. all the a/c guys are busy right now..  also on a side note.. what reason/ paperwork do you need to let someone know you will NOT be renewing thier lease.. this is not the first time they have been total jerks.. when i took over my apartments he  was late every month for 6 months, when i went to his apartment and presented him with the late fee bill we argued for over an hour and he even called his wife on the phone and had her arguing with me over the charge..I am done with them.. just need to know i wont spend the weekend in jail.. my 7 years old is in the baseball championships.. thanks in advance..

Loading replies...