Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Michael J.
  • Burlington, NJ
Votes |
Should I kick them out at the end of the lease???

Michael J.
  • Burlington, NJ
Posted Jul 3 2021, 08:29

Good morning Bigger Pockets family,
I wanted to ask a question on what should I do with this one specific tenant. This tenant is a mother of 4 that works 2.5 jobs, home schools, and takes care of her family by herself.  During the COVID I knew things were taking a toll on her because I noted odd things broken in the house when performing my quarterly inspections, such as, broken medicine cabinet mirrors, master bedroom door cracked on the side, and a cracked vanity sink. (How in the heck do you do that???) I figured it was her acting out due to stress from being overwhelmed with everything which she communicated on different occasions.  In most cases she paid someone to come out to make the repairs which is in violation of the agreement or I charged her for the repairs/replacements which she paid. She's even replaced their kitchen's double oven with a better double oven without consent which she is currently paying the replacement costs.  The last instance was that she recently told me that she had switched her renter's insurance which I thought was odd because I was not notified as the "party of interest."  When I called her former insurance company I realized that she didn't give them my correct email address and when I followed up with her new insurer the agent told me I was just added as the "party of interest" yesterday, 7.2.2021. I am having a hard time trying to determine my next steps with this tenant because on one hand if she breaks something she pays for proper repairs or replacementpays on time, responsive to requests, and very easy to work with. I guess my problem is the lack of communication and transparency.  In typing this post I believe I have my answer but I still want to get the group's thoughts? 

Loading replies...