Denton, TX Investor Meetup - Using 1031 Tax Exchanges
- 09/19/22 06:00PM - 08:30PM America/Chicago
- Keller Williams Denton Training Rm, 2nd Floor, 2434 Lillian Miller Pkwy Denton, Texas 76205
Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!
Are you a Real Estate Investor paying too much in capital gains taxes? Would you like to save and compound those savings multiple times as you grow your business?
Do you have questions like:
- What kind of properties can be used in an exchange?
- What in the world is a 1031 and where did it come from?
- Can capital gains be deferred indefinitely?
- Can a 1031 Exchange be used for a 2nd Home or Personal Residence?
If you have questions like these, or others then you will not want to miss this information packed meeting. Click on the Red Button to RSVP.
When: Monday August 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Keller Williams Denton Training Room
2434 Lillian Miller Pkwy, Denton, 2nd Floor
Light Food & Refreshments will be provided!
Cost: Free of Charge
Dress: Always Casual
Bring Deals To Share for the Deal Exchange
Do You Have A Property to Sell?
Are You Looking for Your Next Deal?
Come Prepared to Make it Happen
Monthly Meetings Consist of:
- Learning Skills of Real Estate Investing
- Sharing Deals
- Winning Door Prizes
- Learning from National Speakers
- Alcohol Free
- Strong Language Prohibited
- Start and End On Time
This is for you if:
- You are a Real Estate Investor looking to grow your Network, Learn, and Build a Great Team
- You are a Contractor seeking relationships with investors buying multiple properties per year
- You are an Insurance Agent, Lender, Title Company, Agent or any other profession who would like more clients buying multiple homes per year
Bring a Guest (1st Time Visitor, not immediate family member) and be entered for a chance to Win $20!
About the Speaker:
Tim Lockhart is a 6th Generation Texan who grew up in Arlington. He attended Lamar High School, then completed a B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree at the University of Texas at Arlington. Upon completion of his degree, he was commissioned in the Air Force. He retired from the Air Force in 2013 as a Civil Engineering Officer who's last assignment was in the 366th Training Squadron at Sheppard AFB. He is now a Real Estate Entrepreneur.
He is currently investing in single-family homes in DFW and Wichita Falls areas with prior investments in Newport News, Virginia, Austin and San Antonio, TX since 2002. He has been an investor-friendly REALTOR® with Keller Williams Realty since 2013, is owner of the Real IMPACT Training Systems franchise for Wichita Falls and Denton TX, and is a private money broker. Tim specializes in bringing Increase to the north Texas community through teaching real estate investing and home ownership.
His wife Gaby is a Senior Mortgage Broker with American Mortgage Company and has been a licensed RMLO for over 9 years. They have two children in college.
Quote from @Juan Carlos Martinez:
what year does 1031 kick into effect.. when does 2/5 not apply for tax free..example sell year 6 do have to 1031 to not pay taxes
We will cover a lot of this. You have a certain number of days after closing to select the new property, so it's not something you can do retroactively. We will have a title company at the meeting. Hope you can join us.