Decision has been made!

11 Replies

I lurked on here for a long time and read a lot of forums, I connected with a ton of people, spent hours on the phone and emailing people all over the country. I asked for feedback and met great people along the way. 

I laid my story out in a different post, but short version--I bought a rental property a few years ago and paid it off very quickly. I have long term tenants in it and was happy. Then I found BIGGER POCKETS and the plan has changed...

I borrowed around 50K from the rental and started to research areas I wanted to buy...Indy, Cleveland, KC, Jackson, Milwaukee, Eau Claire...I decided on KC. 

Next I researched the heck out of TK companies(my W2 job is in law enforcement :-) )...and landed with Bridge Equity. We are finalizing the terms on 2 SFH's. I can go into the details of those later.

I just wanted to say this website and the people that make it up have been beyond helpful. For those interested or who are thinking about making the jump into investment properties, send me a request and I will keep you updated on my experience with the TK provider, bank, and any other aspect you may want to know about.  

@Adam Widdicombe Congrats on the potential deals!  I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experience in KC!  

Originally posted by @Adam Widdicombe :

I lurked on here for a long time and read a lot of forums, I connected with a ton of people, spent hours on the phone and emailing people all over the country. I asked for feedback and met great people along the way. 

I laid my story out in a different post, but short version--I bought a rental property a few years ago and paid it off very quickly. I have long term tenants in it and was happy. Then I found BIGGER POCKETS and the plan has changed...

I borrowed around 50K from the rental and started to research areas I wanted to buy...Indy, Cleveland, KC, Jackson, Milwaukee, Eau Claire...I decided on KC. 

Next I researched the heck out of TK companies(my W2 job is in law enforcement :-) )...and landed with Bridge Equity. We are finalizing the terms on 2 SFH's. I can go into the details of those later.

I just wanted to say this website and the people that make it up have been beyond helpful. For those interested or who are thinking about making the jump into investment properties, send me a request and I will keep you updated on my experience with the TK provider, bank, and any other aspect you may want to know about.  

Best of luck to you!

Out of curiosity, what drew you to KC vs the others? I am also looking in the Midwest and I am looking at many of the same areas.

Post the SFH numbers when you can. Excited to see whats out there.

@Adam Widdicombe Sounds like you have it rockin and rolling.  Congrats to you my friend.  Always remember to persist and you will WIN!!!

@Corey McKinney , @Shawn Ackerman

Thank you guys! 

Corey I think the overall market in KC right now is pretty hot, the taxes are very low, the winters are mild, businesses are moving to the area. I think KC is probably not as hot as Indy or some others but because I live up in MN I felt like it was still kind of close, I could go down there for the closings if need be. 

I will send you the PF's soon. The guys at Bridge are great thus far and you could even just call them up and chat and hear their stories and overall goals. 

Way to go Adam, looking forward to hearing how it works out for you!

Hello Adam, 

Congrarulations on your new investments. I am also interested into OOS turnkey investing.  KC is on my list for the same reasons you mentioned. I am defenitely interested in hearing from you about your TK provider. Did you have the luxury of browsing through several listings? How long was the wait before selecting the 2 you picked? Any personal criteria you would recommend? 

This post has been removed.

Hey @Adam Widdicombe ! I came across your flip in the MLS here in KC. Would love to talk with you about it. Shoot me a message here or an email. I may have a buyer for you.

Dam, it's very inspiring to hear your story. Wish I could learn more from you. Keep calm, and RE on!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here