Votes
Eric Merhar
  • Everett, WA
Votes |
New investor diary - Follow along in my journey Part II

Eric Merhar
  • Everett, WA
Posted Jun 28 2018, 18:39

It's been quite a while since I've last posted!  To skip to the punchline, I haven't landed a deal yet, but not for lack of effort.

I've offered on three different sets of properties, and all have fallen through for one reason or another. One SFH that looked great had a person squatting in it - apparently he was the grandson, and was upset that his cousin was trying to sell the house. He even used bolt cutters on the padlock to continue squatting! The cousin was unwilling to have her cousin arrested for trespassing, so it was a buy as is deal. So, yeah, nope.

I'm still working with my agent on getting deals funneled to me. My wife, who was working very part time for pretty low pay has decided to quit and focus that time on REI, so I'm pumped about that. We refinanced our house to increase cash flow, and that will close on July 2nd. With her focused on the almost limitless upside of REI, I'm positive that we'll get a couple of deals knocked out this year.

Most likely we'll be flying out to Greensboro again for a few days so she can meet the team and we can scout properties.  With any luck, by that time we'll have a property or two under our belts.  

Cheers,

Eric

Loading replies...