Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Bethany James
Votes |
Management Software - Guesty vs. Hospitable

Bethany James
Posted Jun 16 2022, 17:19

I am hoping to gain some insight on pros and cons of Guesty vs. Hospitable. I have watched video after video but would love some insight from individuals who are currently implementing these programs. Any feedback on what you like or don't like about either of these programs would be greatly appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Luke Carl#3 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied Jun 16 2022, 17:21

They’re both excellent options I’ve used them both extensively. Neither is better than the other. Neither is perfect. Just pick one :) 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Street
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 16 2022, 18:15

Hello Bethany,

Both have great options and depend on what you're looking for specifically.

If you want to pay a set amount per listing ($25/listing) then you should consider going with Hospitable. Especially if you have a lower number of properties, this can be a great place to start! They have automated messaging and a calendar that gives you a summary level of your properties, so that is great. I've heard cleaners complain about the tools team functionality in that they don't receive the texts, so using TurnoverBNB is still a great option for booking your cleaner.

Guesty is probably the easiest platform to use, however it comes at a higher expense. There's an initial installation cost of around $1,000 and then they take a couple percent from each bookings revenue on a monthly basis. This can add up, however, if you're using a dynamic pricing tool, you can add in a little bit of fees to help cover the expense from the platform. They also have an app which brings your visibility of the platforms to a new level.

Both are great, but if you're just getting started, I would suggest using Hospitable to get your feet wet and build from there.

Hope this helps!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Tennessee Florida
Votes |
  • Tennessee Florida
Replied Jun 16 2022, 18:47
Quote from @Andrew Street:

Hello Bethany,

Both have great options and depend on what you're looking for specifically.

If you want to pay a set amount per listing ($25/listing) then you should consider going with Hospitable. Especially if you have a lower number of properties, this can be a great place to start! They have automated messaging and a calendar that gives you a summary level of your properties, so that is great. I've heard cleaners complain about the tools team functionality in that they don't receive the texts, so using TurnoverBNB is still a great option for booking your cleaner.

Guesty is probably the easiest platform to use, however it comes at a higher expense. There's an initial installation cost of around $1,000 and then they take a couple percent from each bookings revenue on a monthly basis. This can add up, however, if you're using a dynamic pricing tool, you can add in a little bit of fees to help cover the expense from the platform. They also have an app which brings your visibility of the platforms to a new level.

Both are great, but if you're just getting started, I would suggest using Hospitable to get your feet wet and build from there.

Hope this helps!

Whoops I assumed she was referring to Guesty for hosts 

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Holmes
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Jul 29 2022, 08:57
Quote from @Luke Carl:

They’re both excellent options I’ve used them both extensively. Neither is better than the other. Neither is perfect. Just pick one :) 

Hi Luke, Did you find one integrated better with resortcleaning.com?  

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Escobar
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied Jul 29 2022, 12:41

I also was interested in this question recently. I started off using Guesty for my first property but recently added 2 more listings and have a 4th coming online in the next few weeks so I was wondering which would be better. I did the free trial on Hospitable - I really liked their messaging features. However, what I did not like was their shared calendar for your cleaning staff. Personally, I found Guesty's shared calendar is simpler for cleaners to access. You can just send them a link and they can click and see all the bookings with their cleaning tasks assigned to it. This was the biggest factor in my decision on staying with Guesty. Guesty does cost more though which is something to consider. As Luke said - both are good and pros/cons to each. 

User Stats

Votes
Villy Ellinger
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Replied Jul 29 2022, 19:57

@Bethany James I realize I'm not really answering your question (I apologize, lol), but I use OwnerRez and I really like it. Not sure how many properties you have, but might be something to check out.

User Stats

Votes
Braeden Cobb
  • Property Manager
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Nov 11 2022, 17:52

I use hospitable right now to manage 30 strs and it does the job, UI is very good, and calendar is easy to read. The only thing is some platforms have an in house maintenance crm which can be nice, hospitable does not have this. Also, make sure all of the tech you want to use in the homes are integratable with your booking platform! Smart locks, price analyzer, cleaning crms etc

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 19 2023, 17:45
For me, I would pick neither. I used Guesty before and has disappointed me too many times with their support. But after switching to Hostaway, I definitely love it. It's customizable, the platform is easy to use, integrates with major OTAs, and more importantly, the support is great. Hostaway definitely scale and optimize my STR business, saving time and costs.

User Stats

Votes
Leon Lee
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Feb 16 2023, 20:05
Quote from @Kevin Escobar:

I also was interested in this question recently. I started off using Guesty for my first property but recently added 2 more listings and have a 4th coming online in the next few weeks so I was wondering which would be better. I did the free trial on Hospitable - I really liked their messaging features. However, what I did not like was their shared calendar for your cleaning staff. Personally, I found Guesty's shared calendar is simpler for cleaners to access. You can just send them a link and they can click and see all the bookings with their cleaning tasks assigned to it. This was the biggest factor in my decision on staying with Guesty. Guesty does cost more though which is something to consider. As Luke said - both are good and pros/cons to each. 

If you add your cleaners as teammates, they can just see the calendar like they do in Guesty

User Stats

Votes
Eddie L.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Feb 16 2023, 20:21

I attended a Hostaway demo last week and their demo was crap which leads me to believe their support will be even worse. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 28 2023, 00:11
Quote from @Zareena Sameen:
For me, I would pick neither. I used Guesty before and has disappointed me too many times with their support. But after switching to Hostaway, I definitely love it. It's customizable, the platform is easy to use, integrates with major OTAs, and more importantly, the support is great. Hostaway definitely scale and optimize my STR business, saving time and costs.