• Rental Property Investor
  • Palm Springs, CA
Votes |
Minut Vs NoiseAware

Pablo Flores
  • Palm Springs, CA
Posted May 9 2023, 09:01

Anyone have experience with both? Thoughts? I don't care about the temperature or humidity features Minut has. I simply care about the noise monitoring properties. I have NoiseAware on 20+ properties. I've been satisfied for the most part but I have a few homes where for some reason the wind or other outdoor noise will trigger the sensor. I'm curious as to whether Minuit might be worth considering.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Brooklyn McCarty
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied May 9 2023, 19:22

I don't have either, but I feel like I hear far more testimonials about NoiseAware 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Baum
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Olympia, WA
Replied May 9 2023, 23:29

I like the idea of Minut monitoring temps and humidity. I had a unit that did it all but they no longer support the units.

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 28 2023, 12:37

@Pablo Flores I'm going through this as well.  Did you end up going with the Minut?  If so, how's your experience been?

I'll be honest, I've had a poor customer experience with Minut thus far before even purchasing their product.  I requested a live demo and their response was "Due to exceptional demand, we are only accepting demos for hosts with a considerable amount of properties at this time."

I've had a much better experience with NoiseAware so far.  But do have some concerns about false alarms with their outdoor monitoring.  That's all we're interested in.  And they require an indoor monitor in order to add an outdoor monitor.  Whereas, Minut offers just the outdoor monitor.

I'm doing a live demo with NoiseAware on Friday. Would love to know your thoughts since you've used them so much!

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
KiKi Wood
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jun 28 2023, 12:40

We switched from NoiseAware to Minut, and we love it! It has been a lot easier to take care of, and honestly, they are more discreet. With NoiseAware, we were having repetitive problems with them randomly going off. But, nothing like that yet with Minut! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 28 2023, 14:07

Thanks, @KiKi Wood!  Are you using for outdoor monitoring?  Or indoors?

We're really only interested for outdoors.  If you've had that much more success with Minut, you may have just convinced me to overlook the customer service.  Because my inclination is they have the superior product for outdoor monitoring based on what I've seen.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Luongo
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lake Worth, FL
Replied Jun 29 2023, 05:30

Minuts newest device can detect cigarette smoke as well now

User Stats

Votes
KiKi Wood
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jun 29 2023, 07:00
Quote from @Gary Langlais:

Thanks, @KiKi Wood!  Are you using for outdoor monitoring?  Or indoors?

We're really only interested for outdoors.  If you've had that much more success with Minut, you may have just convinced me to overlook the customer service.  Because my inclination is they have the superior product for outdoor monitoring based on what I've seen.

We use Minut for indoor monitoring, and exterior Ring cameras for exterior monitoring! We do a camera at every entrance to the home. :) 

We have also (thankfully) never had to deal with the customer service, but haven't really had problems! Hope this helps. 

User Stats

Votes
Pablo Flores
  • Palm Springs, CA
Votes |
  • Palm Springs, CA
Replied Jul 1 2023, 14:43

@KiKi Wood

Dang I was hoping you where using them for outdoor! Then I would really switch over. Indoor hasn’t been a concern for us. It’s the outdoor sensors that occasionally get triggered by wind gusts or dogs barking.

One other complaint I do have with the NoiseAware sensors is that indoor needs to be connected for outdoor to work. There have been occasions where the indoor sensor gets disconnected which disconnects the outdoor sensor as well. I might switch a few of the problem homes I have to Minut and try it out.