Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
Short Term Rentals (like Airbnb) have been BANNED!

James Wise#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Posted May 17 2018, 14:23

Recently two of the higher end suburbs (Broadview Heights & Seven Hills) in the Cleveland market banned short term rentals. 

Source Article

I never got involved in the Airbnb craze myself. Not my business model. I've got a ton of plates spinning running all of my other businesses so I never saw the need to get into it. Money seemed low for the high level of labor and risk involved.

• What do those of you who are in the Airbnb business feel about these cities outlawing the use of it?
  • Are you in agreement with these rulings or against them? Why?

I've spent a pretty decent chunk of money on my house. I also live in one of the higher end suburbs in the Cleveland area. I would be the 1st one in city hall trying to get it outlawed in my city if my neighbors where using their homes as hotels &or Airbnb's.

• Would you be ok with your neighbor running their house as a short term rental?  Why? Why not?
  • Do you think the quality of your neighborhood should come into play with whether or not Airbnb's are permitted?  Why Why not?
  • Do higher end neighborhoods require different regulations than lower end "rental" neighborhoods? Why? Why not?

Loading replies...