• Orlando, FL
Votes |
Martha's Vineyard Vacation Rental Cleaners

Raymond Reyes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Sep 5 2019, 06:45

Hi BP

I have a couple of properties I manage down in Martha's Vineyard and my cleaner hasn't been doing a great job as of late so I'm looking for a backup. 

I reached out to a few cleaning companies already but they seem pretty high in price. I figure I reach out to the BP community to see if you guys have any suggestions. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
John Underwood
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • Greer, SC
Replied Sep 5 2019, 06:54

I have had good luck finding great cleaners for a great price on Craig's List.

Your results may vary.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 29 2020, 15:47

I rented my home in Oak Bluffs last summer and the cleaners the property manager used were "Maid on MV cleaning service" worked well for me i would consider them if you need a backup in the future. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied Jan 29 2020, 18:19

You can always go to homeless shelters or halfway houses and find someone.  Just because they are there it doesn't mean they are bad.  They are usually trying to better themselves.  Maybe the homeless shelters are not as desireable as halfway houses.  So maybe go with halfway houses and women's shelters.  I was the president of a service organization many years ago (Jaycees).  A womens shelter house needed help painting a house.  I emailed the whole group and we painted an entire 3 bedroom house in less than 30 minutes.  Paint and painting supplies were provided by Sherwin Williams.

User Stats

Votes
Raymond Reyes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 30 2020, 04:58

I ended up getting a good referral but thanks @William Panek I'll definitely keep them in mind as a backup.

And that's a great idea @Paul Sandhu I never thought of doing that. I will try that in the future.

User Stats

Votes
Scott McCurley
Pro Member
  • Mohnton, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Mohnton, PA
Replied Sep 7 2020, 19:29

we have an excellent cleaner on MV.  used him for 3 years.  i would highly recommend him.  let me know if you are would like his contact information

scott