New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Jim Root
Votes |
New Member Ontario Canada

Jim Root
Posted Jan 8 2023, 07:06

Hi All: I am new to this site but not to real estate investing. I currently have one 4 unit and 2 single family rental units in the Windsor Ontario Canada area, ( which borders Detroit Michigan) for those unaware of my location. I am simply interested in purchasing additional properties and specifically multi unit properties and/or branching out into a storage unit facility investment. For starters, is the PRO version here suitable and beneficial for Canadian clients as we know there are different rules in our countries regarding  RE investing. Looking forward to learning more from this group. Thx in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 9 2023, 05:17

Some of the Ontario landlord requirements are crazy!

No security deposits, right?

User Stats

Votes
Roy Cleeves
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Kitchener, Ontario
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Kitchener, Ontario
Replied Jan 11 2023, 06:19

Hi Jim

I have found the PRO membership very helpful.  You will have access to a lot of tools that will help you assess each property.   

Even with the free membership, you will find a lot of great information to read and you can become a PRO member anytime.

I hope that helps!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Stiller
  • Rental Property Investor
  • London, Ontario
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • London, Ontario
Replied Feb 8 2023, 08:13
Quote from @Jim Root:

Hi All: I am new to this site but not to real estate investing. I currently have one 4 unit and 2 single family rental units in the Windsor Ontario Canada area, ( which borders Detroit Michigan) for those unaware of my location. I am simply interested in purchasing additional properties and specifically multi unit properties and/or branching out into a storage unit facility investment. For starters, is the PRO version here suitable and beneficial for Canadian clients as we know there are different rules in our countries regarding  RE investing. Looking forward to learning more from this group. Thx in advance!

If you're looking to get into storage units, you really should speak with a commercial mortgage broker. Multi family, mixed use, storage facilities all have different financing. For example, a lot of storage facilities the lenders will only let you do 15 year amortization which can really impact your purchase power