New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
George Young
Votes |
New member looking to invest in Richmond

George Young
Posted May 31 2023, 12:47

Hello, I am an out of state aspiring real estate investor looking to invest in Richmond.  I am based in DC, but the rental investment market here does not seem to make much sense for me.  Excited to learn more about Richmond and make connections here! 

User Stats

Votes
Marlon Fong
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Metro Manila
Replied May 31 2023, 13:02

Welcome to the site @George Young! It's great to have you here.

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Wishing you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Josh Uhlenkamp
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Replied Jun 2 2023, 08:45

Welcome to the area George. I am in the Hampton Roads area, not too far from Richmond. The prices in this area are much more investor friendly, especially for someone just starting out. If you need insight on the area I am happy to share 😊

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
George Young
Votes |
Replied Jun 2 2023, 08:57
Quote from @Josh Uhlenkamp:

Welcome to the area George. I am in the Hampton Roads area, not too far from Richmond. The prices in this area are much more investor friendly, especially for someone just starting out. If you need insight on the area I am happy to share 😊

Thank you Josh.  Just sent you a connection request. 

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:16

Hi George, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

User Stats

Votes
George Young
Votes |
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:22
Quote from @Steven Foster Wilson:

Hi George, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

Thanks Steven.  I appreciate the kind words, and thank you for your recommendation. 

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Thomas
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:27

Hello and welcome to the community!

It's great to hear you're taking the initiative to explore real estate investing opportunities outside of your immediate locality. The Richmond market has a lot to offer and diversifying your investments geographically can be a smart strategy.

There are plenty of members here who are knowledgeable about the Richmond area and can provide helpful insights. Remember to use the search function to look for previous discussions about investing in Richmond. You'll find threads discussing neighborhoods, property types, rental rates, local regulations, and more.

Additionally, we encourage you to participate actively in discussions and don't hesitate to ask questions - whether about specific properties, market trends, or just general tips about long-distance real estate investing. The collective wisdom of this community is a valuable resource.

Excited to see your journey unfold as you dive into the Richmond market. Once again, welcome aboard!

Best,

Melanie

User Stats

Votes
Mackaylee Beach
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:28

If you ever consider Kansas Cit, I'd be happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
George Young
Votes |
Replied Jun 2 2023, 12:28
Quote from @Melanie Thomas:

Hello and welcome to the community!

It's great to hear you're taking the initiative to explore real estate investing opportunities outside of your immediate locality. The Richmond market has a lot to offer and diversifying your investments geographically can be a smart strategy.

There are plenty of members here who are knowledgeable about the Richmond area and can provide helpful insights. Remember to use the search function to look for previous discussions about investing in Richmond. You'll find threads discussing neighborhoods, property types, rental rates, local regulations, and more.

Additionally, we encourage you to participate actively in discussions and don't hesitate to ask questions - whether about specific properties, market trends, or just general tips about long-distance real estate investing. The collective wisdom of this community is a valuable resource.

Excited to see your journey unfold as you dive into the Richmond market. Once again, welcome aboard!

Best,

Melanie

Thanks Melanie.  I have benefited tremendously from reading previous discussions about Richmond, and excited about connecting with members familiar with Richmond! 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin C.
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jun 4 2023, 17:29

Just saying hi from a Richmond investor, reach out if I can support!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jun 8 2023, 06:06

Hey there - @George Young - you should connect with my partner @Thomas Zidron who just bought is first investment property in Richmond.

We run general contracting business here in Chicago, but he's always looking to connect and help out local investors.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Jun 8 2023, 11:34

Welcome aboard George!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Jun 8 2023, 22:31

Welcome to BP community @George Young ! We're glad you joined us.

Good luck on everything!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Ricker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Glen Allen, VA
Replied Jul 18 2023, 14:06
Quote from @George Young:

Hello, I am an out of state aspiring real estate investor looking to invest in Richmond.  I am based in DC, but the rental investment market here does not seem to make much sense for me.  Excited to learn more about Richmond and make connections here! 

Hey George!  

Richmond is a great market, there is a wide variety to look at depending on what area of Richmond interests you.  If you are looking or need any help out this way just send me a message and I will gladly help anyway I can.