Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Massachusetts Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Sullivan
  • Leominster, MA
Votes |
Purchase, Development and Preservation of Raw Land

Patrick Sullivan
  • Leominster, MA
Posted

Hello All,

I am looking to purchase/finance raw land, between the range of 75-300 acres, preferably somewhere in Massachusetts (Central or Western MA would be most ideal) in which I would personally trailerstead on and develop other trailersteads to sell on market. The amount of trailersteads would be between 60-100 (each lot averaging 1 acre), and I am looking for 1-3 partners. 

At the moment, I myself do not have near enough funds to purchase the land, not even to finance (at least not yet). I do however have the mental wherewithal and energy to build on the land. I would be responsible in the purchase/rent of all power equipment and materials necessary to complete the work, aside from work to be completed by a professional site work/surveying company (should it be necessary). The actual finance of the property would be where I would need an investor partner, who would share the profits (equity to be discussed privately).

Below are some major points that must be considered BEFORE, DURING and AFTER development:

1) Before purchasing any land, I will hire a credible title company to thoroughly review details and check to see whether or not any utilities were previously installed on the land. This is IMPERATIVE!

2) Sewage MUST be connected OR a septic tank installed before it can be deemed livable.

3) Trailer moving crew would need to be hired or the proper equipment/vehicles rented in order to move the trailer onsite

4) Evaluate and hire park management company

5) See whether a construction loan would be necessary, especially since all of the homes would be manufactured (with additions installed through time), and depending on whether an investor can step in instead (which would be preferred)

6) Any unused land would be preserved for park and recreational activities (with the exception of hunting and depending on proximity to residences and local, state and federal laws)

I would like to hear from anyone with critique, feedback and interest in this idea, especially from people who would be able to contribute time, energy and/or capital to such a project, and God willing, together we could develop a working business plan out of it

Thank You,

Patrick

Loading replies...