Accessory Apartment (A) Overlay Zone in Provo, UT

Accessory Apartment (A) Overlay Zone in Provo, UT

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I recently started a job at BYU and my wife and I are considering looking for a house close to BYU and renting out the basement.

I was wondering if anyone had insight into how to know if a property falls in an A overlay zone?

I have read the following:

https://provo.municipal.codes/Code/14.46.050

But I just wanted some clarification.  Is it saying that any property in zone A1, RA, or R1 that meets the 4+ acre, 16+ dwellings, 50% developed conditions is automatically in an A overlay zone?

0Reply
30 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Provo, UT · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 168 votes
    7y

    Yes, you identified correctly.  The A-designation is specified on those zoning maps.  The city is always willing to take calls too if you have any specific questions.  Make sure you follow the approval process though if the property isn't already designated.  The four off-street parking stalls is usually the hard part.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks Jeremiah!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.