Votes
Danell Lynn
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
Pascagoula, MS - 1st time investor - property manag. unethical

Danell Lynn
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Nov 15 2020, 10:27

I bought a property last Dec. out in Pascagoula, MS and used the property management associated with the real-estate company, I flew out there, saw the property and like the agent...fast forward to when I was back out of state, I emailed over a few questions about some fees that had been deposited back into my account after months of having a renter (which btw - I had to ask them to list the property for rent after 1 month of not seeing it listed anywhere), the owner said if I was going to ask questions I should find someone else...

this is my first go at real estate investing, although I had read a lot and listed to a lot of podcast for a year or so before, I felt like he was attaching me when I called. Fast forward to having only emailed a few times in the last 2 months, both went unanswered, had a warning from my mortgage company that the hurricane may have damage it so I asked for  a virtual walk through....silence... (also import to note is part of their sale is every 60 day property visit and photos updated on Buildum site...they have never posted one picture in 11 months). 

Today I sent a very professional email, as my renter is late over 15 days and according to my management contract they will contact me by the 10th is issues for rent/monies, and I had heard nothing, they also never respond to a visit or pictures of my property...and then he responded to my email with 30 days notice to cancel on agreement, I need to find new management...

I was already looking but thought I had to go through March as a renter that they provided is through March, I am needing a bit of mentor support on what then happens to the tenants monies that are in escrow from move in, do they need to transfer that to me, or to a new property management company? Are they liable for the services for the next 30 days, meaning are they just not even going to contact the tenant for the late rent /fees? 

I have never posted here - but research often to help support my learning but really wishing I had a mentor right now to help me navigate this nightmare that I thought I worked so hard to not have happen...I am nervous as an out of state investor and knowing no one with integrity in the area to check on my property....

I have already emailed another management company that I found through Bigger Pockets threads, I hope to hear from them tomorrow...but thought I would post to the brilliant mind of BP and see what might come of it. Thank you for helping to support a new to realestate and overwhelmed educator. -Cheers. 

Loading replies...