Seeking a wood floor refinisher for old home

6 Replies

Hello BP! I am looking for someone in the San Diego Metro area who can refinish the wood floors on a property I just went into contract on. Escrow closes October 13. I am looking to have it done the next day. 

Thank you in advance!

I forgot to mention that the house was built in the 1940s and the floors are original. It looks like someone attempted to DIY the floors and failed miserably... I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Not in your area, but understand the issue.  Wood floors need to be sanded down to eliminate the existing finish and stain,  Then stained, then at least 2-3 coats of finish.  It is at least a 4-5 day job and takes at least 2-3 days of drying time before you can walk on it.  The going cost in Colorado is $2 per square foot at least.

You can do it yourself, don't recommend it.

good luck

Look for a company that specializes in refinishing not necessarily install. Look for someone who does dustless (nothing is really dustless).   Look for examples of work either posted on a website or in person. Maybe you will get a recommendation here but if not you can scour  craigslist/facebook and followup with looking at the website and or floors they have done. Bring in a couple to get estimates especially if the floor may need repair. It is an art