Skip to content
Chicago Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Lena S.
  • Landlord from Addison, IL
Votes |
Where to get from Standard Illinois Lease Agreement?

Lena S.
Posted Feb 27 2018, 18:39

Hello everyone,

We are new investors (Illinois, Addison) and soon we will be in need to renew tenant's agreements or look for new tenants. Where landlords usually get the copies from? 

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Feb 28 2018, 07:42

@Lena S. - BP offers some illoinois specific ones here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/store/products/illin...

Or check out: http://www.heartlandro.realtor/Member/Login/forms/...

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied Feb 28 2018, 10:46

@Lena S. PM me and I can send you the one we have been using. It is free..

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo
Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Account Closed
  • Downers Grove, IL
Votes |
  • Downers Grove, IL
Replied Mar 2 2018, 13:05

I would encourage you to get one through an attorney you do business with. If you have questions about the agreement down the road, it makes it easier if the attorney your dealing with wrote the agreement. 

User Stats

Votes
George Skidis
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Belleville, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Belleville, IL
Replied Mar 5 2018, 16:58

There is no "Standard Lease" in Illinois. If it is less than 5 pages long it probably will not protect you. Chicago and Cook county have different rules than the rest of the state. We sell a course called the   " Ins And Outs of Leases" if you are interested.

No matter where you get your lease join your local REIA to find out what others in your area are doing.

PLEASE consult an attorney who works in contract law / Leases and have them review your choice. 

Illinois REIA Logo
Account Closed
  • Attorney
  • Skokie, IL
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Skokie, IL
Replied Mar 5 2018, 17:34

@Lena S. I agree with @George Skidis. There is no "standard lease". If you google "lease .doc" or "lease .pdf" you will find a few options available online. I'm sure the one @John Warren sends you will get the job done. If the property is in Chicago, there is a version that is widely accepted that is in compliance with the Chicago Ordinance. That is as close to a "standard lease" that you will be able to find. 

As a new investor, before purchasing and or leasing a property, I would also call your village to confirm you are aware of any local ordinances that you must comply with. For instance, I own a few investment property in villages that have a "crime free tenants" ordinance which requires the landlord to attend a training and the tenant to sign an addendum to each lease. 

Hope that helps. Good luck with your investments. 

User Stats

Votes
Lena S.
Votes |
Replied Mar 5 2018, 20:24

Thank you all for responding to my questions and giving me enough details. Our property is located in Addison Il and we already have done training as Addison also have "crime free tenants". Thanks for REIA I will check it.