Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

HELP PLS!!! My first rehab is turning in to nightmare

Patricia Mendoza
Posted

Hi my name is Patricia, I recently bought my first for property for rehab,June 7 in Winston-Salem. Was partnering with a General Contractor that talked to me into.  The deal was the I was going to buy the house and he will take care of the rehab, with labor and material. And the we were going to splint the profit from the cash out and continue to do. 
We actually went and even open a LLC together.
He started taking walks out and telling we’re the bathrooms were going to be and all the changes. 
In week 2 I didn’t see any progress they where just taking the trash out from demolition.  Then he said that he didn’t want to do the partnering anymore bc he need to work with his credit first and he still wanted to do work in the house but with a official contract from his company. 
Again I believe. He asked for 30% down of $59.000 Which I gave, but still there is no progress and I don’t see any materials. I Iive in Apex which is 1.5 hrs away and go to Winston every week. I keep asking him about the progress and he comes with different stories. 
so this week which is week 6. I said that I wanted to be present when inspection comes. He told that I need to get permit my as a owner for the talking down the walls before electrician and plumbing come to do their work. I was soo suprised bc I have no experience with this but that I know that you need get permits when starting to make changes to the house. 
so anyway inspection came and put stopped on the project. I explained to inspector in the phone what’s going on and he said that he supposed to get permits in order to continue. Contractor said he is not doing it.  
Pls help me and advise me what to do,,I feel so stupid in trusting him and  that I made a big mistake. I will like to talk to someone with experience so they can guide me on having the project finish with all the legal permits but with out loosing to much money and most important what do I do with this person that is trying to take advantage. Pls help me. Will appreciate.

Loading replies...