Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Raben
Votes |
General Contractor looking to partner with investor

Jamie Raben
Posted Jan 19 2023, 03:01

Hi, I own Raben Built, a renovation company that does all aspects of home renovations and additions.

I am looking to partner with an investor to flip or BRRR homes. I know the market is pretty tough out there right now, but if the right conditions are there then it is still possible.

User Stats

Votes
Marty Boardman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor and Instructor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor and Instructor
  • Gilbert, AZ
Replied Jan 19 2023, 09:38

I get this request time to time from different general contractors and project managers I've worked with over the years. Here's what I always ask them:

"You'd like a share of the profit from the flip, but are you prepared to share in a loss if the project goes sideways? For example, if we're 70/30 partners on the deal and we have a 10K loss are you willing to contribute $3,000 to our company?"

Being an investor and entrepreneur means you have your time and money invested in the business, and when things don't work out you take a loss. Most contractors want to get paid regardless of the outcome. If you're unwilling to take this risk then you're better off just getting paid for your time and letting the property owner worry about the end result.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Raben
Votes |
Replied Jan 30 2023, 18:05

That is why I said "partner".  Whatever happens with the business deal it would be 50/50.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 1 2023, 18:25

Sounds interesting. I have sent you a message. Hopefully we can talk more soon.