Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Ritz Perrine
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • USA
Votes |
Trying to buy 2 HVAC units outside of the state I have a contractor connection in.

Ritz Perrine
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • USA
Posted May 5 2023, 19:55

Hello! So I bought a 100+ year old duplex in Ohio and I'm trying to switch out it's heat only option for central HVAC. However, the fam member installing them for me is only a licensed HVAC contractor in FL so he's been unable to buy the units at the regular retailers that would regularly sell it to him (like Bryant, Johnstone Supply, etc).  How do I get around the "your not licensed in Ohio so we can't sell you the unit"? TIA!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied May 8 2023, 05:56
Quote from @Ritz Perrine:

Hello! So I bought a 100+ year old duplex in Ohio and I'm trying to switch out it's heat only option for central HVAC. However, the fam member installing them for me is only a licensed HVAC contractor in FL so he's been unable to buy the units at the regular retailers that would regularly sell it to him (like Bryant, Johnstone Supply, etc).  How do I get around the "your not licensed in Ohio so we can't sell you the unit"? TIA!

We have replaced about 2k furnaces over the years out there, about $1800 all done , remove and replace. Never heard of a place that will only sell to you if your licensed, 

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 8 2023, 07:52
Quote from @Ritz Perrine:

I would get a second opinion. This does not sound correct

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2023, 07:55

I've purchased a few units online and they don't require any sort of licensing. 

My go-to site is Ingram's Water and Air Equipment.  The prices are good and they usually get them shipped out quick.

https://iwae.com/