Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 8 2023, 15:35

What is your experience in terms of real estate investing? I know of a few flippers who are still making money in today's market, so it's still a good time if you know your buy box and have great connections with contractors. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 9 2023, 03:53

It's a good time to start at any time. Know what kind of market you are in and be conservative with the ARV.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
Pro Member
#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 10 2023, 05:14

I wouldn't play the waiting game. Be more conservative with your numbers and take action!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 10 2023, 05:18
Quote from @Sai Venkat Vara Prasad Masaram:

I am just trying to start off in real estate fix and flip, is it a good time in the market to start now in the Seattle area??

yes it's good time as interest rate would be lower in 2 - 3 years time frame, if you fix/flip, flip it in more Class A/B property.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Yu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 10 2023, 17:19
Quote from @Sai Venkat Vara Prasad Masaram:

I am just trying to start off in real estate fix and flip, is it a good time in the market to start now in the Seattle area??

Hi Sai, there's always opportunities to do fix/flips. It just comes down to your underwriting & risk tolerance. You make your money on the buy, so as long as you can find the right buying opportunities, there's never really a "bad" time in the market. Just be conservative, and you'll be okay. 

User Stats

Votes
Sherief Elbassuoni
  • Realtor
  • Bellevue, WA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Bellevue, WA
Replied May 16 2023, 00:10

@Sai Venkat Vara Prasad Masaram, it is always a good time to start as long as you have a good deal, and other investors are supporting you

User Stats

Votes
Yael Lederman
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 16 2023, 07:52

I agree with the advice to take action! That said, if you want to wait I would focus on spending your time building a great local team. Your team is make/break for flips so building those relationships will pay off when you're ready to start flipping.