• Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
First impressions are everything?

Jorge Vazquez
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tampa, FL
Posted May 11 2023, 11:33

In the world of real estate, first impressions are everything. As soon as potential buyers lay their eyes on a property, they start comparing it to others they've seen. That's why it's crucial for sellers to make a warm and inviting first impression that entices someone to step inside, stay a while, and get to know their home. Don't miss out on the opportunity to make a great first impression!

• Broker Florida (#SL3334101)

Graystone Investment Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Evan Polaski
Pro Member
#4 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied May 12 2023, 07:34

@Jorge Vazquez, agreed. And you need to make that impression as people "scroll". Granted I am biased by my wife's fantastic design eye, but many flippers are leaving real money on the table by going "safe" on the design. When a potential buyer is scrolling the MLS or Zillow, all they are seeing is grey walls and white shaker cabinets and grey washed LVP floors. And then you are simply competing on price, since you have nothing unique about your property

Spend $30 more and paint a wall a bold color, or $20 dollars on a quart of paint and make the front door pink.  If you don't know what you are doing, spend a few thousand dollars for a designer to do selections.  The materials don't need to cost more, but in my experience, when you have good design, you get more attention, you get more offers and based on the flips I have done with my wife, you get $10s of thousands more on your sale price. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied May 12 2023, 07:54

Well said! And the first impression starts with the curb appeal. Can't skimp on the landscaping or the exterior. You want a buyer to feel proud to call this their home.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes