• Real Estate Agent
  • Conroe, TX
Votes |
Anyone used Curbio to flip?!

Ross Smith
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Conroe, TX
Posted Feb 13 2019, 13:16

Has anyone considered using a company like Curbio to flip houses? Curious if anyone has researched this before.

https://www.curbio.com/

User Stats

Votes
Jerry Caldwell
  • Commercial Real Estate Broker
  • Santa Monica, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Monica, CA
Replied Aug 3 2023, 11:22
Quote from @Dana Banks:

Curbio may just be the greatest gift of the century for flippers. But when it comes to homeowners that inspect what they expect, Curbio best be prepared for the wrath of God for putting me through hell the last 14-months, since I foolishly trusted them to delivery on their “too good to be true promises”. Lies, lack of integrity, zero communication, mismanagement, poor workmanship and greed barely scratches the surface. I will do everything in my power as a journalist and woman that believes in Justice to ensure Curbio is exposed for the circus clowns they are. Rick. Instead of stalking random forums, how about you go on tour undercover and really see what Curbio is really about. One word. Profit. A $175K renovation a year later and we are no closer to completion. Delay, Deny and Defend. Curbio is a joke! But guess what? The joke will be on Curbio this time!!! RUN HOMEOWNERS!!! RUN!!! 

Hi Dana, did Rick from Curbio ever respond to your invitation? I'm seeing a lot of good reviews on them too, but I've been through nightmare projects like you are describing and no amount of money with worth that level of stress, especially for entirely avoidable problems. Please send us an update and hope all ended well despite the difficulties.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry Caldwell
  • Santa Monica, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Monica, CA
Replied Aug 3 2023, 11:30

The reviews on Curbio are worrisome. They are not just fussy, nit-picking complaints. Nearly all of them are describing deal-breaking disasters that cost somebody thousands. It's a great concept and their sales pitch is pretty convincing, but it's pretty clear that Curbio is not consistently delivering what they promise and someone on their staff has expertise in scrubbing bad reviews from sight. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 12 2023, 07:50

I have not personally utilized Curbio, but the reviews do raise concerns. I am curious if anyone has had any experience with an alternative service called https://zoomcasa.com. They assert the presence of an "exclusive platform of top-notch local vendors that collaborate with their designers." Additionally, they affirm the ability to engage with your own qualified vendors who possess the necessary licenses and insurance. They purport to be accessible across all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. If anyone has first-hand experience with this platform, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your encounters. I am also interested in other services of this type if anyone has suggestions.

User Stats

Votes
Logan M.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Provo, UT
Replied Oct 12 2023, 07:59

I would love to know if anyone has had a positive experience with the process