How are they sourcing these deals?

How are they sourcing these deals?

Rental Property Investor · Windsor, CO · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 57 votes

How’s it going everyone, I hadn’t posted in a minute so I felt the urge. I have been noticing a lot of off market properties going around in Wichita groups elsewhere. As Kansas isn’t a list source state I’m unsure how people are sourcing these deals or finding leads. Any insight as to how people are doing this or what you are seeing around town (bandit signs, billboards, etc) would be awesome and helpful. 

1Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 29 votes
7y

I am closing on a home Friday that I got from a couple at a Meetup meeting. There is no way I would have got this deal on the market. I have learned you can get great leads and deals at these meetings. You also learn alot about how to invest.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    I am closing on a home Friday that I got from a couple at a Meetup meeting. There is no way I would have got this deal on the market. I have learned you can get great leads and deals at these meetings. You also learn alot about how to invest.

  • Real Estate Coach · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 30 votes
    7y

     Maybe its time to throw up a website and  try to get some inbound leads.

  • Rental Property Investor · Windsor, CO · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    @Robert Burris I completely agree, unfortunately I am only in town for a day or two every six months or so. 

    @Jordan H. I agree, so I started one a few months ago but a lot of these people don’t see to have a website so I was unsure if I was missing something obvious. 

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2017 · 584 posts · 813 votes
    7y

    Bandit signs are everywhere here. I‘m seeing Facebook ads from local wholesalers/investors that have a front picture of a run down house that when you click on it it asks you to put in your address for a bid. Direct mail marketing is certainly taking place too. I‘m getting phone calls when I put a rental listing up where the person asks if I have one I want to sell, when I say no, they want to know if I‘m looking to buy.

  • Rental Property Investor · Windsor, CO · Member since 2017 · 79 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    @Jonathan R. thanks, I know you always keep a close eye on what’s going on. 

    Sounds like things are getting competitive out there. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    I'm an internet marketer by profession, so all of my leads are through SEO, forums and PPC marketing.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City · Member since 2019 · 58 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Woods

    Most investors we work with, do it either with calling or PPC campaigns for immidiate results. We do SEO as well but for more seasoned investors that have time and patiance to get results (it takes few months)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.