Skip to content
Pittsburgh Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes

Anyone have experience in New Castle Pa...

Jared McCullough
Posted Jan 15 2021, 05:40

I have generally not had issues finding inventory in the other surrounding counties of Pittsburgh (i.e. mostly Westmoreland, Indiana) that being said Inventory has been somewhat limited recently in those areas.

I have been watching the mass influx of New Castle properties hit the market in recent years and have been timid at what is driving this. I have lived in this area my entire life so I am very familiar with New Castle and the associated demographics as well that within New Castle where the good and bad areas are.

More recently I have noted that a lot of the inventory is moving quicker but still plenty of good deals to be had. Not sure if there are out of state investors that have been keyed onto this area but the last year there certainly has been an uptick in sales.

Now to my question. At the moment this seems to be the best area for quality/price. You can actually buy some really nice houses for sub-$50k and the market rent I would say is comparable to most of the small rural towns outside of Pittsburgh. I am looking for someone who actually has properties in New Castle to hopefully just shed some light on me to their experience since they have been there.

Jared

Loading replies...