• Real Estate Agent
  • Salisbury, MD
Votes |
DC Fawcett

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salisbury, MD
Posted Apr 23 2009, 13:31

I've been looking hard at DC Fawcetts plan, Virtual Short Sale Investing. For $997.00 he does it all and you get paid. Has anyone else looked at this? He says I will set up a real estate partner locally and show up for the BPO, make sure the paperwork flows and get 50% of the deal? He claims to have the money and the buyers lined up already. Oh yeah, $97.00 a month for his "coaching website" that I can cancel anytime. He only wants to make deals on half mil or more. I've got 144 oceanfront properties close to me in foreclosure so I could hook him up but.... any thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 11 2010, 01:49
Originally posted by Karen Parker:
Originally posted by Dennis Treacy:
Hello, new to this site, but not to investing.
D.C, Fawcett's system is exactly that a system. You have to sign on for the $5000 grand deal to make it work his way.
Now that may seem kind of high priced, but if you know nothing about investing and have no money to invest what is your plan B?

Your plan B is to take the time to learn the business, the way he and all other successful investors did. Trial and error.

Btw, D.C. is not a rip off, I am was but am not currently his student. I am going it on my own as I have access to big bucks for the AB transaction.

I'd like to add that I fully agree with all of the above except the part about being one of his students. With the exception of the fact that in a way, I still am. Since I live right down the road from DC I see him frequently and attend his seminars quite often. He is by no means a fraud. I started in RE investing by attending meetings at my local REI association so I knew the basics, where and how to get funding, how to spot deals etc. etc. before I ever met DC. I do not need to purchase an entire system to follow in order to repeat the process he explains. Did I ever purchase one of DC's programs? No. Do I watch his seminars and follow his system? Hell, yeah. He's good.

Hey Karen, since you live down the street from him....mention to him they might want add a Real Estate Agent sign up to their website. I listened to his Webinar, and although is sounds good, I don't want to invest in it until I see it work. I can bird dog deals and represent the partner of DC's program to which I will be happy with RE commission. Just a thought!

User Stats

Votes
Charlene Rakhshani
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Replied May 6 2010, 15:05

DC's program is excellent...it's a 'system' and he thoroughly explains it. He has different programs, depending on what you'd like. It doesn't cost $5k...you can spend $1k and learn the entire system he teaches. It costs $97/mo for twice/mo coaching....you submit all your questions and get the answers at the following coaching call. If you want his team to negotiate and fund the deal, go for it. If you want to negotiate and fund your own deals, go for it....that's DC's attitude. He's a successful guy who's put together a system...with built in collaboration. You need to invest in your education....you get out what you put in.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied May 6 2010, 17:05
Originally posted by Charlene Rakhshani:
DC's program is excellent...it's a 'system' and he thoroughly explains it. He has different programs, depending on what you'd like. It doesn't cost $5k...you can spend $1k and learn the entire system he teaches. It costs $97/mo for twice/mo coaching....you submit all your questions and get the answers at the following coaching call. If you want his team to negotiate and fund the deal, go for it. If you want to negotiate and fund your own deals, go for it....that's DC's attitude. He's a successful guy who's put together a system...with built in collaboration. You need to invest in your education....you get out what you put in.

Smells like an advertisement.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Hawley
  • Azle, TX
Votes |
  • Azle, TX
Replied May 12 2010, 06:19
Originally posted by Mr_Investor:
Originally posted by Charlene Rakhshani:

Smells like an advertisement.

I agree! This advertisement is getting ripe.

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Treacy
  • Contractor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Sep 27 2010, 01:10
Originally posted by Bryant Barbee:
Originally posted by Enrique Marrufo:
I have been reading these posts in this forum and I am very impressed at the amount of coverage on both Gurus. So what is the verdict Nathan Jurewicz or DC Fawcetts plan?
Personally I have material from both and have had DC’s coaching on the internet for $49 a month the information seems generic and long to reply questions. I was not aware that they will not work with you unless you pay the $5k for the whole program.
I just closed on my first short sale deal and I used “The Short Sales Riches [System]†by Nathan Jurewicz and Chris McLaughlin to prepare my documents and followed there plan. I was not able to sell the property to an end user so I sold my option to an investor, made $3,500 for about 2 months time. I did not use any funding.
I know they these 2 guys know what they are talking about, my question to you guys is which is better to follow for the part-time low priced home investor?
Thank, looking forward to networking here for a while.

Enrique

Hey Enrique, I am currently a student of DC Fawcett. I did my due diligence on him and Nathan as well. I saw a lot of negative info on these guys but there are always critics. I just went with my brain and the money back guarantee that DC offers. My goal is to be a successful real estate investor to learn how to do short sales because I have never done them before. These guys have the experience already and success stories of other people that is verifiable if not they would have all kinds of agencies all over their but if it wasn't true. Anyway, it depends on your level of experience, motivation , and willingness to learn and follow instructions. I have had nothing but good experience from DC's company thus far. I am in his Gold Membership program where you pay $397 a month for excellent coaching, file fee being waived of $250 on every file.
His content is superior information and I don't have the time to be trying to figure out how to negotiate with lenders, or fooling around with sellers. I use my team , which consist of my Realtor and DC's team that is already in place. This is a no brainer folks especially in this kind of market. The main focus should be on how to get as much information to learn this short sale business, which was totally foreign to me, and get in this market and start making some money. Who cares weather DC or Nathan is the best, they are both excellent , just choose. As I said before I am not regretful or sorry about my decision. I want to move along the learning curve quicker and make my money now then go back and learn how to do the nuances of the business, I have it all right at my disposal. All of the information that I will ever need is in his program on Short Sales, it is jam packed with info. He also has a $25,000 offer for you when you do a deal that is over $100,000 plus when you do your first deal, you get your money that you paid for the course back double of which I have already done. Don't waste the time deciding on which one to go with just go with somebody that knows what they are talking about and go for it. Hope my two cents helps. Good luck.
Bryant

Bryant,

Please do not tell us he is great before you make a buck with his system.
Go out use his system, make a buck and then post us back.

99% of guru's use testimonials from students at his free seminars, these are the hopeful recently brainwashed folks who have just sat through a NLP laden sales pitch, and just shelled out $1000's of dollars on their credit cards. Of course these folks are going to have a positive response.

During these seminars, part of the NLP is to explain that the reason 99% of the students fail is because they are scared, or lazy and did not follow through.

Fear and laziness is generated by individuals who do not have the proper knowledge of the particular subject.
Excuse me don't these guru's think you might need some basic information, instead they charge you $997 at a free seminar, then $397 a month for as long as they can keep you strung along.

There is nothing simpler then doing a short sale, for crying out loud the bank sends you a short sale packet with all the info you need.

I did my first short sale 8-9 years ago, the lend just about held my hand.

What DC is teaching is you doing virtual short sales that is everybody does all the work for you so you do not have to learn how to do anything, just collect the check.

Sorry that is never going to happen, and if by some chance it does, you will have learned absolutely nothing about how to do a short sale.

Notice that DC started doing short sales in Florida, well Florida was just about the most inflated housing market in the history of the world. Nothing is selling in Florida unless it is a short sale. Even then it is hard to get the property resold as fear has gripped the market, who knows where the bottom is?

When a $2 million dollar house sells short for $650k then that is the real price of the house. Maybe it will actually close if the place is a primary residence.

DC is selling his courses just like nothing has changed in short sales, but everything has changed.

I challenge the guru industry to open their books, how much do they make doing their secret niche as compared to selling courses.

There is a guy still teaching fix and flips, Than Merril.
The fix and flip market is just about dead in most areas, but they are making huge amounts of money in the information sales industry.
What the heck, get rich quick that is the old strategy form the inception of mankind, and yet it is a rare occurrence.

So here we have it 99% of folks buying these course do not make a cent, they lose money from buying the course.

All of this info is available here for free, or at your local library, but neither here or at the library will you be told no work on your part equals get rich quick millions.

REI is just another job, as you actually do it, you learn and it becomes easy, and after time you will become wealthy if you ply your new learned trade.

This is unfortunately how the world works for 99.9% of folks. The others are born into wealth or hit the lottery.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Hart
  • Portsmouth, OH
Votes |
  • Portsmouth, OH
Replied Sep 27 2010, 05:31

Dennis,

That was AWESOME!!

User Stats

Votes
Deborah Mettler
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Replied Sep 27 2010, 11:18

I get rather agitated with these so called "gurus" that advertise their "system" and then present you with an upsell right after you have purchased the system that is supposed to give you all the information you need, only to find out that you have to also purchase the upsell to get all the materials, access, etc. to be successful.

DC is no exception. He recently partnered with Karen Hanover (commercial real estate) and it appears that didn't work out very well as Karen has lately been posting on FB and apologizing for DC's constant pounding of emails to her list for his upsell plus a few other things.

I also previously checked online and there are alot of complaints that DC doesn't return phone calls and emails, doesn't reply for refunds, etc.

I wouldn't waste one penny with this guy.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 5 2010, 13:54

Hey Blake why don't you give us that cel number from Nathan. I'd like to ask him a few questioons..

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 24 2011, 02:56

I really would like to hear from people that have actually been successful with the DC system or any system...I live in a small area and the people in my RIG are not as opened due to limited market...This place is a goldmine if I can just get the knowledge and resources I need to cultivate it.

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Jan 24 2011, 03:48
Originally posted by Remy Knott:
I really would like to hear from people that have actually been successful with the DC system or any system

You won't because DC likes to scam people out of their money. Those who say they've been successful are either employed by DC to say that or is DC saying that.

I have never heard anyone since the time I've known about DC Fawcett that has ever had success with his program.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 4 2011, 04:09
I really would like to hear from people that have actually been successful with the DC system or any system

You won't because DC likes to scam people out of their money. Those who say they've been successful are either employed by DC to say that or is DC saying that.

I have never heard anyone since the time I've known about DC Fawcett that has ever had success with his program.

so do you guys recommended buying the dc fawcett program for someone with no reator expo?

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Feb 4 2011, 05:26
Originally posted by Kemo Cola:

so do you guys recommended buying the dc fawcett program for someone with no reator expo?

No. Don't waste your time.

User Stats

Votes
Roberto Cervera
  • Real Estate Investor
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
Replied Feb 20 2011, 12:47

Since I received an email saying "$1M annual income on autopilot with absolutely ZERO Marketing costs" and doing some research in here, I have decided to delete/block all his emails.

Seems he is always selling a miracle product..
Am I doing the right thing?

User Stats

Votes
James Hiddle
  • Altus, OK
Votes |
  • Altus, OK
Replied Feb 20 2011, 16:21
Originally posted by Roberto Cervera:
Since I received an email saying "$1M annual income on autopilot with absolutely ZERO Marketing costs" and doing some research in here, I have decided to delete/block all his emails.

Seems he is always selling a miracle product..
Am I doing the right thing?

Yes you are doing the right thing. DC is your typical guru who sells you hopes and dreams but in reality he is grifting you for every dime you have.

User Stats

Votes
Lynn Henley
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Shalimar, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Shalimar, FL
Replied Jun 22 2011, 05:03

What is your opinion of: Jeff Kaller, Josh Cantwell, and Nathan Jurewez (sp)?

Thanks,

Lynn

User Stats

Votes
Vlado Krajcinovic
  • Pakostane, Zadarska
Votes |
  • Pakostane, Zadarska
Replied Oct 25 2012, 23:08

I have very bad experience with D:C: Fawcett.
Here it is:

Dear D.C. Fawcet,

Why don’t you answer to any of my eight e-mails?
I sent emails on : [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], and haven’t got
any answer.
I sent you a message on Facebook, but haven’t got any answer.
I also try to contact you on Skype when you were online,
but you turned off and haven’t answer to my message.

Why do you force me to be a member on Freedom Alliance
Network against my will?
Please cancel the invoice 137450, cancel my trial account at
Freedom alliance Network and give me back my 97 dollars!

What is with your promise 30 days money back garantee?!
What is with your terms and conditions?
On 10-11-2012 I started my 30 day trial
membership into he Freedom Alliance Network (FAN).
I UNDERSTAND I AM RECEIVING A 30-DAY TRIAL MEMBERSHIP INTO THE FREEDOM ALLIANCE NETWORK (FAN) MEMBERSHIP WHICH STARTS AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE - NORMALLY THE FAN MEMBERSHIP IS $97 PER MONTH BUT I'M GETTING 30-DAY TRIAL MEMBERSHIP ACCESS TO TEST IT OUT FOR MYSELF AND IF I CANCEL IT WITHIN THE 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD, MY CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED. IF I DO NOT CANCEL IT, I WILL BE CHARGED $97.00 EVERY MONTH FOR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES.

Yesterday, October-25-2012. you send me an email that
I have ordered regular membership at Freedom alliance Netvork.
I do not want to be a member at Freedom Alliance
Network.
Please cancel the invoice 137450, cancel my trial account at
Freedom alliance Network and give me back my 97 dollars!

Regards,
Vlado K.