Investing in Kansas City.

9 Replies

I am new to investing and I've been looking at Kansas City as a potential out-of-state investment market. I looking to purchase 5-6 properties by the end of the year. I am based in the Bay Area, CA so trying to build a team out there. Want to start with some rental properties and then potentially move into flipping. I have $40k in capital which won't get me very far here in the Bay Area, but hoping I can get started in a more affordable market. Thanks.

Congrats on starting your investing journey. I am local to the KC market. I would suggest making a trip out here to KC and visiting some of the suburbs. It will help you get a better feel for the areas and what they have to offer. Also there are plenty of good resources here on BP to research your different options in investing in out of state markets. Let me know if you have any questions.

@Frede@Rico Nasol you can use 40k to leverage a couple of decent properties here in KCMO but that is about it. You might want to find someone to partner up with and try to build cash reserves up.  

@Dan Krupa I'm looking at pulling equity out of my main residence and we should have +$150k. Spoken to a few agents there in KC and we're going to head out for some face time in a couple weeks.

@Frede@Rico Nasol I help investors throughout the entire country. I'd love to learn more about your goals and risk tolerance.

@Frede@Rico Nasol good for you man! Careful what you say on here. Everyone is going to try to sell you when they find out you have money. LOL.  PM me if you need some good referrals or any other advice. 

@Frede@Rico Nasol , I am based off Fremont and looking on to Kansas market too. Hope its not too late to invest there. You can do it. 

Folks investing out of state in Kansas. What areas seem plausible in 2018? Where should I start my search? Looking to hit around 1.5% in B-B+ markets. Buy and Hold is the strategy. Thanks a ton in advance.

Originally posted by @Vandana Rao :

Folks investing out of state in Kansas. What areas seem plausible in 2018? Where should I start my search? Looking to hit around 1.5% in B-B+ markets. Buy and Hold is the strategy. Thanks a ton in advance.

My partner and I have been finding success in Raytown and Olathe if you're looking for >B neighborhoods. There are even some good deals in Grandview. We've just been finding deals via MLS and auctions. Another way we've been finding off market deals are by calling listing agents and they typically have other properties that they haven't listed yet. PM me for more details.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here