Subleasing within New Jersey

2 Replies

So I’ve recently came upon a great two bed room that’s 900 a month with utilities included. It’s not my need but I’m aware that price range around my area is a steal ! So I’m wondering is there a way to be able to sublease this apartment for a simple profit of maybe 200 bucks a month with rent being 1100 or 1200 a month. As well what would be the process of singing a sub lease as well ?

If it's not prohibited in the lease, you can do it, but for $200 a month, it may be more of a headache than it's worth. Especially because the price may be lower than market for a reason you won't know until you have someone in there. Not sure it's the best investment, but could be worth looking into further if you really feel it might be worth the income.

I can't speak for everyone, but as a property manager I make sure any subLease agreement has the rental price spelled out in the agreement between subLessor and SubLessee. No way am I approving something like you propose. You're also willing to wear a lot of risk for $200 a month.