How to clean a very dirty linoleum floor?

8 Replies

My dog had diarrhea all over the floor in my basement. I have mopped and remopped it and it still stinks.  I am hoping someone here has a suggestion on how to clean this floor and get the stink out.  I am looking for a solution stronger than regular mopping but short of pressure washing it. Any help is appreciated.

YouTube is a great resource for DIY projects. Best of luck!

And take your dog to the vet ASAP. 

Vinegar and water solution 1:1 applied with an acid brush. Comet/Ajax with a scrub brush, too if needed.  Bleach water, but no more than 1:3 so don't damage your lungs.  At least it's on linoleum!

I agree with @Steve Vaughan .  Vinegar is the way to go.  It neutralizes pet odors beautifully.  I use in in my rental properties for flooring, concrete, artificial grass, etc.  It works wonders!

Good luck to you!

And if that doesn't do it use Once N' Done No Rinse Floor Cleaner. I found it at Menards not with the cleaning section but in the flooring section. Its more of a cleaning/fininshing product and works really well!

Bio-enzymatic deodorizer, search amazon, or local janitorial or commercial carpet cleaning supplier.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.