How much does it cost to tile a 10 x 10 kitchen

6 Replies

Hello bigger pockets

I just bought a duplex in Detroit Michigan and I would like to tile floor. I would like to know if ceremic or porcelain is better. Also how much does it cost

Thanks

Ramdat

There is some website out there that gives you a ballpark cost based on zipcode... for a variety of jobs. I find material cost x 3 is a good ballpark for some reason., but I am in Texas.

Sorry to not have an answer, but what neighborhood did you buy in? Are you out of state?

In Wayne county on the west side and yes I am from out of state

Not in your area, but $400-600 range would be my guess depending on the cost of the tile.

It probably depends largely on the type and quality of the subfloor. If you are installing on a concrete slab that is level and in good shape less than if you have an old uneven subfloor and have to lay concrete board down first. It is my understanding that porcelain tile is "better' ie harder and more durable and available in more designs but more expensive.  Home depot advertises $4 or $5/ sq foot installation cost. A low end tile will cost .75-1.75/sq fot. concrete board is $11/15 sq feet. All said and done I'd guess around $750. 

$5 a sq ft average if it’s on concrete. $7 if it needs subfloor 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here