Would you provide a wall mount tv bracket?

1 Reply

I am remodeling a small 2 bedroom house and I am making it open concept living room/kitchen. I took out a wall and now there is only one wall to mount a tv. The house has lathe and plaster walls would you provide a wall mount bracket at tv area,put up a piece of wood for them to mount to or do something else to prevent damage?

If you're renting it, just state in writing and verbally that they cannot mount anything on the walls. However if this is an expectation for rentals in your area, then yes, I would mount it yourself. If you mount it yourself would include a clause in your lease that the mount, if it fails, you are not responsible for damages etc. Else you could owe them a TV!

A renter asked me one time to install a wall mount for their TV and I happily assisted because (A) it was a concrete wall and I had the tools with me to do so and (B) they had minimal tools and no experience. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you