[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Plains, PA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y
  • Realtor · Hanover Twp, PA · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Christopher Madden & @Matthew Krishart, my question to both of you is what kind of financing are you using. Looks like 30 year loans with VERY low down payments that makes me think of a conventional loan meant for an owner occupant. Are you house hacking?

  • Christopher MaddenPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Mountain Top, PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @Kevin Sobilo I did owner finance, I gave home $8,000 down on a $105,000 purchase price but we ran the financing at $97,000 with 0 down amortized over 15 years on the books. I will hold this property for a long time so I will most likely BRRRR this because the ARV is around $180,000.

  • Realtor · Hanover Twp, PA · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Christopher Madden, Excellent! Those are great terms for the financing, especially in this environment where rates are rising.

    Looks like a good deal, although the cash-flow will likely be a little lower because I didn't see items like vacancy or maintenance accounted for. Even still, it should cash-flow and you will make out well with the equity as well.

  • Plains, PA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Kevin Sobilo I am looking to us FHA if i am over 100k but also looking at 10% down if i am sub100k also so i can get out of the PMi fast with out having to refinance latter on the FHA

  • Killeen, TX · Member since 2017 · 127 posts · 91 votes
    7y

    Christopher

    Looks like a great candidate for a BRRRR to me to pull you initial investment back out to move to another project if you choose to do so. The terms you secured are pretty awesome also so it's kind of a toss up depending on what you choose to do.

    As @Kevin Sobilo said you may want to calculate for vacancy and maintenance. I didn't see a plan for you for property management, You may also want to calculate for capital expenditures that will be needed down the line. 

    Last, I saw you had yourself paying for water and sewer, is this an expense that you can pass on to the tenant?

    Best of luck.

    Andrew  

  • Christopher MaddenPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Mountain Top, PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    This will be a brrrr property i am a few weeks way from getting it apprised and pulling money back out.  All bills including water and sewer will be paid by tenant but because its been vacant as I rehabbed it they are my bills.  There will be little maintenance because this is almost a complete gut but I factor vacancy, cap ex and maintenance after i see the numbers.  Already have a few people interested in renting it at the $1500 mark so it will be a win and hoping to pull enough out of it to go directly into another deal.  thanks for the input and feedback

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.