Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Local Real Estate Networking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Nat B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Buffalo, WY & Canada
Votes |
Seeking the drainage/gravel road contractors in PA

Nat B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Buffalo, WY & Canada
Posted Jul 24 2019, 15:13

Hi everyone, I wonder if someone can give me some tips in the following situation:

We own a small park in the Greater Pittsburgh area . Park is located on the hill and has two major issues:

1) gravel road condition (it has potholes and unsufficient drainage which caused the road practically disappear);

2) flooding of basements when it rains in storage building and few mobile homes.

I am having a problem to find a contractor who can help to fix those issues. I contacted the following types of companies from bbb, manta and yellow pages: excavating, drainage, landscaping, roads.

The current state is:

a) A lot of the contractors I contacted have told that they are overbooked for the next few months and refused to even look at the park to give a quote for the future. It’s hard to believe that excavating/drainage companies are so overbooked that they aren’t interested in a new clients.

b) The guys who expressed interest in our project and came to see our park haven't sent any quotes. I don't know the reason as they didn't take phone since their visits. Our manager on-site (I am out-of-state) who met those guys also don't have any ideas why the contractors haven't provided any quotes.

I can’t understand the reason why any of the contractors who saw our park didn’t provide a quote.

c) There were a few contractors who arranged meetings but have never showed up.

Bottom line - I am stuck. I already spent 3 months and contacted x contractors and I still don’t have an idea which type of contractor can solve those issues, what needs to be done, and how much would it cost.

All thoughts, recommendations and ideas are highly appreciated.

Loading replies...