Votes
Jeff Miller
  • Springfield, IL
Votes |
REI Meetup in Springfield,IL

Jeff Miller
  • Springfield, IL
Posted Jan 16 2022, 19:07

I know this has been talked about before on here. Looking to see if anyone wants to do an REI meet up in the Springfield,IL area?

User Stats

Votes
ThomasRoy Penland
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Jul 29 2022, 16:25
Quote from @Jeff Miller:

I know this has been talked about before on here. Looking to see if anyone wants to do an REI meet up in the Springfield,IL area?

I would be interested. I have purchased 2 homes their and am trying to see who else has ventured this direction. I would love to meet others and talk stories about how and why they got here.  PM me if you are still interested.  TR

User Stats

Votes
Eric Valentine
  • Investor
  • Springfield, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Springfield, IL
Replied Jul 16 2023, 15:16

I know this was a year ago..are you guys in a facebook group by chance? I would also be interested. I'm new to the area and am doing some research right now on my first house. Would love some people to talk to, bounce ideas off of!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
ThomasRoy Penland
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied Jul 16 2023, 20:08
Quote from @Eric Valentine:

I know this was a year ago..are you guys in a facebook group by chance? I would also be interested. I'm new to the area and am doing some research right now on my first house. Would love some people to talk to, bounce ideas off of!

I am not. I still have properties in Springfield, though. Will this be your first house to own as a landlord? Or are you looking for you to live in?

User Stats

Votes
Eric Valentine
  • Investor
  • Springfield, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Springfield, IL
Replied Jul 17 2023, 21:33

Not too sure yet. The property I have been analyzing recently is a 2 bed 1 bath- in kind of a bad neighborhood, I think it could be a good flip, but I'm having second thoughts because the neighborhood looks sketchy (drove by it today). Starting to look into better neighborhoods in Springfield for an investment rental property, maybe duplex/triplex for a house hack.