• Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
New investor looking first opportunity!

Ijeoma P.
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 28 2021, 05:46

I have spent a couple of years consuming podcast content, taking trainings and saving up about 130K. I am giving myself 3 months to find my first deal and would REALLY love to find an experienced mentor who can give me a friendly push in the right direction, impart some wisdom etc. Looking for wholesalers as well. Where do I begin?

My focus is on multifamily preferably 5+ doors

Locations (Atlanta (vine city, bankhead areas), Philadelphia, New Jersey (Jersey city) and Milwaukee, WI)

R,

Ije

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Brown
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied Jan 28 2021, 06:32

Hey!

Awesome to hear that you've saved so much! I would recommend messaging people on BP that are a part of a team (realtors) and just asking them about what they do. It seems like you've found your markets so type in google those markets + biggerpockets and find the people consistently posting there.

If you're interested I can point you to a team where I'm from!

User Stats

Votes
Ijeoma P.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 28 2021, 07:16

@Stephen Brown thanks for the tip! I will try that. 😉 yes please, link me up with a team in OH as well!

IRA Club  logo
IRA Club
|
Sponsored
An IRA Administrator Flat fees. No percentages. Grow your retirement fund: Invest in real estate with a self-directed IRA

User Stats

Votes
Tony Angelos
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 28 2021, 07:22

@Ijeoma P. That's great, 130K is a lot of firepower. There are several paths you can take:

1) instead of focusing so much on finding the deal, find a mentor these next 3 months. A book that was recommended to me recently (by a several people I really respect) was "Who Not How" and maybe team up with them. You have capital to bring too, so offer something like a 60/40 split so you can learn from them and understand the process

2) start building your team: A good realtor will become your best ally. They should be able to connect you with financing parties, inspectors, contractors, etc and piece the whole puzzle together. Use them to understand A) what the ARVs are for rehabs (realtor), B) How much the rehab will cost and time to complete (contractor), and so on and do the go it yourself route

3)Participate in a syndication if you qualify and see how they operate so you can mimic it going forward.

Best of luck 

Captivate Real Estate Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scott Krone
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northbrook, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northbrook, IL
Replied Jan 28 2021, 08:31

@Ijeoma P.  In the MKE (Milwaukee) market, may I suggest @rebecca knox Brew City RE Investor network to connect with people in that market.  Great group of investors.

User Stats

Votes
Sebastian Kowalik
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied Jan 28 2021, 11:57

@Ijeoma P. I’m a real estate agent out of Jersey City on a top team.

I would love to help you find your first property.

User Stats

Votes
Ijeoma P.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 28 2021, 17:49

@Tony Angelos these are great tips! Thanks for taking the time to reply in such detail. I've spent quite some time today looking through this site for people looking for $ partners as potential mentors. I think this might be a really good way to be of value while learning a great deal and hitting my goals ;) Many thanks for the push to clarity!

R,

Ije

User Stats

Votes
Ijeoma P.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 28 2021, 18:00

@Scott Krone many thanks for the recommendation!

R,

Ije

User Stats

Votes
Tony Angelos
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 29 2021, 10:57

@Ijeoma P. You're welcome. Good luck!

Captivate Real Estate Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ashish Acharya
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • CPA, CFP®, PFS
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • CPA, CFP®, PFS
  • Florida
Replied Jan 31 2021, 12:37
Originally posted by @Ijeoma P.:

I have spent a couple of years consuming podcast content, taking trainings and saving up about 130K. I am giving myself 3 months to find my first deal and would REALLY love to find an experienced mentor who can give me a friendly push in the right direction, impart some wisdom etc. Looking for wholesalers as well. Where do I begin?

Locations (Atlanta (vine city, bankhead areas), Philadelphia, New Jersey (Jersey city) and Milwaukee, WI)

R,

Ije

Hey, I am a CPA that is investor as well. I am in Atlanta as well. Let me know if you want to connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Jingru Sui
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 31 2021, 20:42
Originally posted by @Ijeoma P.:

R,

Ije

Hi, Just inbox you. I'd love to connect

User Stats

Votes
Steven Gesis
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 31 2022, 19:58

lots of options----

Looking for passive income ? Want to be hands on ? Are you interested in being a remote landlord ?  Are you planning on leveraging your cash  or are you a local or long distance cash buyer ? How much time are you looking to spend on this ?