Question here

2 Replies

Ok, normally when I made a purchase in the past I dealt with another Investor who sold me the homes wholesale. Took a lot of Creative Financing in order to make the deal a 100% no cash deal, but I am getting off topic here. My question is this, I have found two really good looking fixer uppers not to far from where I work. Now I have been watching these houses for the past several months and I do know no one lives in them. There is no "For Sale" sign on either property, I never had to do any kind of search before so how do I search to see who owns the properties and/or if they are forclosures?

Start with the county recorder's office. Their records will show who owns the property. Then start tracking them down. Many counties have this data online, though their systems are often hard to use. Some counties don't, and you'll have to go to the courthouse to find the records.

Thanks Jon. As I said these look really good Investor Dream homes. From what I can see on the outside it a lot of cleaning and TLC, but thats from the outside, I really can not see the inside to much except the Living Room in one of the houses and from that I see a lot of cleaning as well, probley painting and some minor cosmetics but that is only from WHAT I can see, I should expect more repairs on the inside. The second one really needs a bit of work from what I can see on the outside but hey they're fixer uppers lol. So again thanks for the input :) I will check it out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here