Return Address or No?

4 Replies

I have scavenged through the forums on this subject but I'm still on the fence about this. I will be starting my first direct mail campaign in the coming week targeting absentee owners.

Do you experienced wholesalers out there put your return address on your envelops?  Better open rate with putting a return address on the envelop?

Thanks everyone.

I can't tell you the return call rate on a no return address however, my return rate with them is out of control. Also, putting a return address allows any mailers that do not reach their destination to come back to you so you can do a skip trace and potentially make a deal. I went down to the post office and opened a P.O. Box for like 15 bucks a month and use that as my return address.

Originally posted by @Brian Woitte :

I can't tell you the return call rate on a no return address however, my return rate with them is out of control. Also, putting a return address allows any mailers that do not reach their destination to come back to you so you can do a skip trace and potentially make a deal. I went down to the post office and opened a P.O. Box for like 15 bucks a month and use that as my return address.

Thanks, thats what I was planning to do tomorrow. I'm going to send out half of my list tomorrow to see what the return rate is on those.  Then send out the other half next week.

Using the address is a good idea but don't put your name or company.

Originally posted by @Robert Crawford :

Using the address is a good idea but don't put your name or company.

Is there any specific reason as to why you don't do this? Bad experience? I always put my name on my letters and envelopes. Eventually the individual is going to find out that information anyways and so far, (8 months) this has not been an issue for me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here