Another Podio & Google Voice question

4 Replies

and so it goes

Via Email to app setting i was able to connect my Podio app to a my google voice, i setup google voice with the public email which should allow emails sent to said address to create items in my podio app

I receive a verification notice in the app and complete it 

Time to test

1. Test 1 i use my home phone to call my GV and i hang up without leaving a message

2. test 2 i call and leave a message 

unfortunately i get no notification in podio in regards to the 2 phone calls, instead i get them on my phone 

What am I doing wrong 

thanks in advance

Yvon N.

I don't know about those programs/apps, but I use Skype and it's set up to forward to my cell phone.  But, I can't call my Skype number from my cell phone, and leave myself messages, because it recognizes the number I'm calling from as the forwarding number, and it seems to just loop.  Won't let me leave messages from that phone.

Just wondering if it has to do with something like that.  Have you tried using a different phone to test it with?

Just a thought, as I had a similar problem calling myself via Skype and my phone.

I use google voice directly through the Google voice app. I don't know what type of cellular phone you have, android or iPhone, but I know the app works great with iPhone and gives you notifications instantly, whether they be text, voicemail of missed calls. Is there a reason you're using podio instead of just using a regular google voice number?

Thanks for the answers and suggestions

For what i was trying to do I had to disconnect my google voice # from my cell phone, which is the only phone GV was being forwarded to. 

Yvon N.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
      • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
      • Learn how to get started with or without money,
      • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
      • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.