The best business card

27 Replies

What is the best place to get business cards made?  We have used vista print for our first batch of business cards and they turned out nice.  It is time to make some more for real estate investing and also for me as an agent.  What do you all recommend?? 

The agent card is differant than the investor card. 

The investor card is pure marketing.  It needs to stand out.  It needs to be seen on a bulliten board, or when its left on a gas pump, or where ever you plant them.

There are two popular answers to what a card should look like. 

The first is the fake $100 bill back.  It looks at first glance like a $100 so people will pick it up whereever you leave it.

The second is a bright orange card, It is really bright colored and draws your eye to the card

The imporatant part of your card is that it explains what you do.  do you buy houses, do you take over debt, do you buy ugly houses?  You need to convey your unique message to anyone who picks up your card. Dont waste space on your picture, nobody cares what you look like unless you are stunningly beautiful.

Use the front and the back of your card to tell the person holding it as much about you and your subusiness as you can.

Then leave cards everywhere, they are a marketing tool, market with them. Leave them on the table at your local diner, leave them on unirnals, leave them on gas pumps. 

I hope that helps

Josh

Medium t shirt logoJosh Caldwell, Pittsburgh REIA | [email protected] | http://pittsburghreia.com

Us.Moo.com has some pretty good quality business cards.  I haven't ordered any yet for RE but we have use them with my wife's beauty advisory business and were very satisfied. 

Thank you @Josh Caldwell for your detailed examples of what a investor business card should be.  I think your ideas are priceless.  

With that being said what would you recommend for an agents business card since I will be purchasing both.  

It may be a requirement in your state that all marketing discloses your agent status. In FL any "we buy houses" sign must state your name and that you are a licensee.

No company avatar mediumJohn Thedford, John Thedford | 239‑200‑5600 | http://www.capehomebuyers.com

@Ryan Billingsley

Your agent card is also purely a marketing piece.  If it doesn't create hits to your website or phone calls to you it's pointless. That said it needs to convey all the legal requirements of course but beyond that you need to come up with a unique selling proposition. For example: "I'll sell your house for 100% of your asking price or I'll pay you $1000 cash".  Something that sets you apart from the other 9 million agents. Get creative. 

Medium srg vert blk gold  3 Brett Synicky, SRG Properties | [email protected] | 949‑329‑3617

@Ryan Billingsley

hit it pretty well, the agent card is a bit of a hybrid. It needs to have all of the legal agent stuff and the brokerage stuff, so it cant be a pure marketing piece. 

that being said, you arent card should have your unique selling point on it  Are you the big money producer?  Are you the fastest selling agent in _____ town.

What is your brand?  What is your territory? what is your specialty?  Why should I choose you? 

answer that question on your agent card

To you success

Josh

Medium t shirt logoJosh Caldwell, Pittsburgh REIA | [email protected] | http://pittsburghreia.com

Check out printsmadeeasy.com. Great website and you design the card. Search for coupon online too. 

I recently heard of zazzle.com from @Alain Perez-Majul . I really like all of the choices and the diversity of what's offered. Best of fortune to you!

Thanks I will check them out the recommendations!

Build a card that people will notice and not want to throw away. You don't have to wood burn your info on a 2x4 just to be different but standing out is key. Have a little fun and make sure the design meets your marketing objectives as well as fits your personality. In my opinion most business owners don't put enough weight in the way their companies are represented through design. It truly makes a difference. Just don't forget. The best business card is the one you hand to an actual person, shake their hand, and form that relationship. (just make sure it doesn't say vistaprint on the back) Good luck!

Check out this link for some good ideas or just hit up google.

http://digitalsynopsis.com/design/32-creative-unique-business-card-inspiration/

-Garrett

Medium 4dlogoGarrett Diegel, 4D Properties LLC | 7758006126

i just checked out moo and they have some cool designs.

This post has been removed.

Oh come on, its funny!

I love the youtube video btw. 

As far as the card is concerned, you are not a realtor correct? Investors should not be using the same style cards as realtor. For goodness sakes, don't put your face on the card. No one cares what you look like. Tell them how you can solve thier problem. Tell them that you pay CASH and CLOSE FAST.  

This is my card...actually I just tweaked it a little and it will be done Monday... but this is what it was.

The back is good too but it wont load right now

Here's the back...it will change on the new one to include my website and new phone number, and a QR Code. 

Any criticism??

Originally posted by @Randon B. :

Oh come on, its funny!

they deleted my post. i think i just said "lol" or something like that. weird.. kept the video, but took out my comment.

@Robert Fraser

I do have a real estate license.  I will have 2 different sets of business cards.  One for representing buyer/sellers and one for working with investment properties.  I just ordered business cards from vista print as an agent and plan to get new business cards as a investor soon.  The advice from this thread has definitely helped!  Keep the advice and recommendations coming!

I am so gglad someone posted the YouTube video.  That guy is solid gold.

I took my design to a little local printer, and I was able to get my super bright day glow orange cards made for a pretty good price.  As an added benifit, the printer became a refferral for me. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you