In Search of Real Insight From This Great Community!

1 Reply

Background (short & sweet):

I started investing in February 2004 with two single family rentals and moved into developing, but got burned by contractors and the economy during the economic recession. As a result, I left the industry and focused on working a 9-to-5. In this day and time, a job is no more secure than real estate investing!

Today:

I've never loss the desire to be my own boss and I love real estate and I'm eager to restart my business. Because of my integrity, I still maintain good relationships with a few people in the industry, and, as a result, I get a lot of great  deals (mostly large multi-family), but I'm not in the position financially or structurally to do much with these opportunities.

Questions:

Given my previously expressed circumstances, I'd love to get some insight and suggestions from more established investors and real estate professionals, who are having success in the industry. As a single parent, I'm eager to provide my son with the life he deserves.

Welcome back @Chad Clinton !  Lots of investors looking for good off-market deals in the multi-family space.  I would think you could monetize that by bird dogging and/or wholesaling (if legal in DC).  If you have an opportunity, investors will come!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you