Mailing Lists - Direct Mail

3 Replies

Hello,

My partner and I were looking to buy a mailing list to send people direct mail.  We were thinking of buying a list of people going through divorce, or something of this nature.  Where does one purchase these direct mail lists?  How much do they cost?  How do you go about doing this?  Also, is anyone aware of any companies that will help mail your letters?  Thanks!

Originally posted by @EJ Hyman :

Hello,

My partner and I were looking to buy a mailing list to send people direct mail.  We were thinking of buying a list of people going through divorce, or something of this nature.  Where does one purchase these direct mail lists?  How much do they cost?  How do you go about doing this?  Also, is anyone aware of any companies that will help mail your letters?  Thanks!

Plan on $1 per mailer. (Stamps alone are $ .50, then there is envelope, paper, ink) There are a lot of lists available. You can check into REI Source and MelissaData however I don't know if they have that specific list, divorcing couples. I can usually buy 1,000 names and addresses for about $20. I don't know if that is a price based on the amount I buy or a special deal. I got access through my representative at my Title Company.

I know of a Divorced List, but it's a post-divorce, self-reported file of people who have answered a survey within the past 12 months that they are self-reported. 

Where are you located? If it is a hot market with lots of investors competing for property, you probably want to stay away from the more common lists like Absentee Owners. One off-market list you might consider is a transitional list - Seniors with 20+ Year ownership. These are people who can be ready to cash out and downsize.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your response!  I am located in Chicago, and we are focussing on the south suburbs 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here