How to Trademark My Logo?

5 Replies

I have a logo my cousin made for me. I would like to trademark it, what is the proper course to take? Want to use it for shirts, hats, business cards, and paperwork. Do I have a lawyer do it? Is there a online service I can use myself? What do I do?

@Owen Mitchell Im not sure if you can do it yourself. Im sure you probably can. I had an attorney do mine for me. The way I look at it is if its something you have no idea what your doing in then I would hire a professional to do it for you so you know you did it right. You just don’t know what you don’t know.

Hello, this is not legal advice but you can watch some youtube videos or read some items online and do yourself. I would find a trademark attorney if the first time and have them do everything as a flat fee.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you