Finding Owner of Vacant Property

2 Replies

By title I think you mean; the tax assessors office does not have a mailing address.

Every state/county has a superior court clerks office of the deed room.  Some states/counties have ways to access those public records via a website, or is on line.  Try goolgeing;   your county public records.  Or your county real estate deeds.

Ask a friendly title office/closing attorney how the public can access the real estate deed records?

My point is; there IS a chain of ownership in the deeds. There may be security deeds for the current owner on record. When you start reading/looking at the public records there will be names, some times mailing address, some times the LLC and the signing agent/member. Some counties like mine have a form that is accompanied with every document that gets filed called the PT-61, which has all the useful info we need. So there was a PT-61 filed when the current owners warrantee deed was filed, possible loans (security deeds).

Try googling 123 main st City state.  Go into facebook and do the same search.  Go to linkedin.com search on address.

Skip trace servi es like;   beenverified.com have address search.  I have luck with;  premium.whitepages.com

good luck, curt

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you