Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Veronica Giggers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 26 2023, 07:51

Hello everyone. I posted the report above but forgot to put information into the post. This property is located in OKC and is a duplex with 2 bed, 1 bath each unit and has been neglected for a number of years. It will need a lot of work. The location is good for renting, not oversaturated with rentals. There is really only one comp in the area, it is 1 bed, 1 bath each side was remodeled and sold for $245,000 close to asking price. I need to pull money back out of this deal, but based on my calculations that will be a few years bed=fore I can do that. Thoughts?

User Stats

Votes
Tim Herman
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 27 2023, 07:41

@Veronica Giggers How long can you support negative cash flow. That extensive of a remodel will increase your property tax. Googled average tax and it is .085 of ARV. You tax will go up to around $225 per month. Your all in is 280k for $2100 of income. Unlikely you can find PM for 5%.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Veronica Giggers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 27 2023, 11:48
Quote from @Tim Herman:

@Veronica Giggers How long can you support negative cash flow. That extensive of a remodel will increase your property tax. Googled average tax and it is .085 of ARV. You tax will go up to around $225 per month. Your all in is 280k for $2100 of income. Unlikely you can find PM for 5%.

Thank you Tim. I didn't think to calculate average tax of ARV, but I knew  it would be a while before there is positive cash flow. Also, I am conservative on rental income projections.

User Stats

Votes
Rhett Tullis
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied May 29 2023, 12:20

The expected rents in that area fluctuate a lot depending on which part of NE 18th you are on.  

User Stats

Votes
Veronica Giggers
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 30 2023, 18:50
Quote from @Rhett Tullis:

The expected rents in that area fluctuate a lot depending on which part of NE 18th you are on.  

Rhett. The property is east of Lincoln Blvd.

User Stats

Votes
Priscilla Arguello
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 30 2023, 19:47

Hmm im very new to all this but i would assume that if you are going to need to pull money out, you should look for a different deal or flip. Im wondering how you came up with a ARV of $320K if the comp was only $245k? Im curious if there would be another way to pull money back out if a cash out refi wouldnt work?

User Stats

Votes
Rhett Tullis
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Jun 1 2023, 20:31

east of Lincoln but west of Kelley you are in good shape the closer you get to Lottie the lower your rents may go in my opinion.