Votes
Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#1 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
Who is more unethical Realtors or used car salesmen?

Adam Bartomeo
Property Manager
Pro Member
#1 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cape Coral, FL
Posted Oct 11 2015, 10:09

I know this will ruffle a few feathers but it is a fair question.

I have met and had hundreds of interactions with realtors and I am never surprised at the new lows that some of them can reach. I was also a manager at CarMax (the largest seller of used vehicles in the world) so I understand used car sales people.

Before you get too upset, I agree that there are good realtors and good used sales people out there (I think that they are few and far between). But, based on my experience both are highly questionable in their interactions and practices.

Most recently I found out that a realtor that represented me told the other agent pertinent information about my situation when I expressly told them that they were not to share it with anyone. This caused me a loss of about $10,000.

I am a highly religious man that tries to operate honestly and fairly in all interaction (I am human and do make mistakes). But, I have been lied to, deceived and wronged by almost every realtor and car salesman that I have encountered.

Please share your story with me and see if you can change my jaded view of these so called "professions" or share a story that reinforces my point of view.

Loading replies...