Skip to content
Canadian Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Itsik Morin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
How do you find online pictures of sight unseen properties?

Itsik Morin
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted Mar 23 2024, 12:08

Good afternoon,

I hope that you are all well.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to find online pictures of properties you wish to buy sight unseen?

Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Stevo Sun
  • Calgary, AB
Votes |
  • Calgary, AB
Replied Mar 23 2024, 12:41
Quote from @Itsik Morin:

Good afternoon,

I hope that you are all well.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to find online pictures of properties you wish to buy sight unseen?

Thank you

Google map will generally get you pictures on the outside. You can typically get a realtor to do a virtual showing for you if the property allows for that. Some property you can't get inside, so you won't get interior pictures.

User Stats

Votes
Itsik Morin
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
  • Toronto, Ontario
Replied Mar 23 2024, 14:31

Thanks Stevo. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Amadeusz Bialy
  • Toronto Ontario
Votes |
  • Toronto Ontario
Replied Apr 3 2024, 16:42

Google maps is my go to for getting an idea of the property and the neighborhood. usually a couple minutes will display the condition of the area and neighborhood.

Also, if you are working with an investor focused realtor usually they can book a showing for you and take videos of the space and any concerning items. This is how i buy sight unseen properties in Sudbury Ontario.

User Stats

Votes
Manny Vasquez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County
Replied Apr 3 2024, 16:59

This is what I usually do for "sight unseen" properties:

1.  Type in property address in Google Maps.  If this property has been "listed' or "sold" within the past few years, chances are you will see the old listing.  Here you may find some old pictures, descriptions, and other pertinent property data.  While they may not be the "latest" pictures or the latest description, you will get an idea of what the property may look like inside/outside if pictures were left up.

2.  I also like to go to the "Layers" tile found on the bottom left corner of Google maps.  I choose Satellite to look at what the neighborhood looks like. This also gives me "ideas" as to what I can to rehab/remodel the property (by comparing it to other properties like it in the neighborhood)

3. I also click on the  "little yellow man" found at the bottom right corner of Google maps.  I click, hold and drag him to where the property is and I "Walk" him around the property or down the street just to get a better view of the property.

4.  Last but not least, based on the size of the home, I try to find other properties with the same "footprint" that may be "for sale" or have been "sold" which may give you an idea of what the subject property may look like.  This would be to get an idea of the layout of the bedrooms/bathrooms and other living spaces.

5.  If you have an RE Agent you are working with, have him/her drive out to the property and take pictures, video, etc.

I hope this helps and good luck!