• New to Real Estate
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Looking to Shadow/Help Investors, Can Help with Creative Content

Casby Bias
  • New to Real Estate
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 6 2023, 15:50

Hello everyone! I am an aspiring investor who is looking to find my first REI property (a SFH to house hack) either in or close to Atlanta, Georgia.

However, I am also looking to learn more about REI through either shadowing or helping other experienced local SFH real estate investors with their own businesses.

I can help investors with graphic design/animation promotional content in return. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for who I can both help and shadow? 

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jan 7 2023, 06:08

Congratulations on taking the initiative - this is quietly a very common and successful strategy. By that I mean there are plenty of established investors who provide mentoring in exchange for social media, blogging or other marketing help.

In this space we're often thinking about our 'avatar,' or our ideal investor/partner. So who is your avatar? Be as specific as possible. How can you chase them down and offer them your assistance?

User Stats

Votes
Azeez K.
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 7 2023, 16:26

Hi Casby

Welcome to BP. I am a fellow investor here in Atlanta. Feel free to reach out if you want to shadow. 

Good luck and much success

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dumler
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 9 2023, 06:53

@Casby Bias, for a house hack deal you do not need a mentor. However, if you're looking in continuing to build your portfolio and one day wishes to replace your full-time job with passive income, then seeking a mentor is appropriate. In my opinion, trying to find a mentor can sometimes be just another form of procrastination. With readily available resources like BiggerPockets, YouTube, Reddit, etc. you can figure a lot out on your own before seeking mentorship. If the next step is to acquire a house hack deal, I'd recommend networking with an investor-focused real estate agent who is either currently house hacking or has house hacked in the past. Feel free to reach me via cell or email if you have any real estate-related or ATL market-specific questions (contact info is listed in my bio). 

User Stats

Votes
Maurice Smith
  • Wholesaler
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Richmond, VA
Replied May 27 2023, 19:36

@Casby Bias are you still looking for an investment property? I will send you a connection request.